Headstock Logos on New Builds

Whose Logo Do You Put On Your Warmoth Builds?

• Total voters

Cagey

Mythical Status
I know there are some hybrid builds where you may put a Fender or other manufacturer's neck on a Warmoth body, or vice-versa. I wouldn't necessarily call those "new" instruments, I'd call them "repairs". So, let your conscience be your guide when voting in those situations. "Other OEM" is "Other Original Equipment Manufacturer", such as Squire, EXP, Peavey, Music Man, G&L, etc.

Depends on the headstock, if it's a Fender type headstock, I'll put Fender, if it's a Warmoth headstock I'll put Warmoth.

The problem with fake Fender logos is that sooner or later those instruments will be sold or tried sold as genuine Fenders.

I know people say: "I will never sell" or "I will inform the buyer". But they will be sold eventually - maybe in a 100 years when someone finds them in the attic or just in five years when the new buyer "forgets" the true story. There is already a significant problem with so far piss poor Chinese knock offs and with half-moths being passed on as the real deal.

On another note I do not understand why people will "brand" the build incorrect with a false and in my opinion substandard name  :laughing7:

I leave my builds with no logo.

SustainerPlayer said:
The problem with fake Fender logos is that sooner or later those instruments will be sold or tried sold as genuine Fenders.

I know people say: "I will never sell" or "I will inform the buyer". But they will be sold eventually - maybe in a 100 years when someone finds them in the attic or just in five years when the new buyer "forgets" the true story. There is already a significant problem with so far piss poor Chinese knock offs and with half-moths being passed on as the real deal.

On another note I do not understand why people will "brand" the build incorrect with a false and in my opinion substandard name  :laughing7:

I leave my builds with no logo.

+++

I understand the visual appeal of a Fender logo on the headstock, but it just strikes me as phony.

I think of it a bit like stuffing socks into your crotch - you're pretending you have something you really don't.

I think when you're used to seeing guitars with a logo (Fender or any other brand,) the headstock looks a bit weird with nothing there, like a car with no registration plate.

But I wouldn't put a fake Fender logo there; if I was going to do anything I'd probably make my own.

Warmoth or custom logo if it's a finished neck, no logo if it's a raw neck.

OTOH, I've been considering getting a logo like this done on my Padouk neck:
_IGP6271.jpg

And of course, I've expressed my extreme distaste for Fender logos on non-Fender instruments several times now on this forum. :sad:

I have done all of them....
Most of mine have no logo though. which I don't like on maple. it reminds me of those squiers in pawnshops with the logo sanded off..

line6man said:

_IGP6271.jpg

And of course, I've expressed my extreme distaste for Fender logos on non-Fender instruments several times now on this forum. :sad:

is that branded??

I have been thinking of getting one of those.. then again, I am not sure what it will look like on a dark wood neck.

http://www.woodcraft.com/Catalog/ProductPage.aspx?prodid=9908&ss=44ee5d7e-7cd2-4de0-bf95-019e00ccbb5f

Marko said:
line6man said:

_IGP6271.jpg

is that branded??

I have been thinking of getting one of those.. then again, I am not sure what it will look like on a dark wood neck.

http://www.woodcraft.com/Catalog/ProductPage.aspx?prodid=9908&ss=44ee5d7e-7cd2-4de0-bf95-019e00ccbb5f

I think it's laser engraved or something.

My luthier is planning on getting a CNC pretty soon, and he might be able to do me a similar type of engraving, but we're not sure...

big bob said:
my own, or nothing at all. would never advertise for someone else.

Not even if the manufacturer's logo were a Marijuana leaf?  :icon_jokercolor:

Side note:
It took me 4 minutes to get this post posted, because I kept getting a message that the last post from my IP was less than 60 seconds ago.
Mods, what's up with that?

line6man said:
It took me 4 minutes to get this post posted, because I kept getting a message that the last post from my IP was less than 60 seconds ago.

I'm not a mod, but I know what's happening. It's a feature built into the message board software to prevent DOS (Denial Of Service) attacks or automated spamming 'bots from overloading the server. If you force a delay between posts, nobody can hit the server any more often than that and hopefully if someone or something tries anyway it'll get caught and the IP Address blocked before it can do much damage.

Cagey said:
line6man said:

I'm not a mod, but I know what's happening. It's a feature built into the message board software to prevent DOS (Denial Of Service) attacks or automated spamming 'bots from overloading the server. If you force a delay between posts, nobody can hit the server any more often than that and hopefully if someone or something tries anyway it'll get caught and the IP Address blocked before it can do much damage.

Yeah, most forums have a feature that prevents you from making more than one post in a given period of time, but I got the 60 second message for 4 minutes...

soon to be on my tele deluxe

4575937944_b4fb079589.jpg

as a side note, would adding string trees to my tele make a difference in sound? there are no trees on currently, and the string's break angle is fine as is. the B string seems a little lifeless next to the other stings (not just the always-twangy G, but the high E also). would a string tree help even that out, or should i just start messing around with string gauges?

i only ask here because string trees would go on before the logo, but i won't add them if they aren't needed.

That's the lockout doing its job. The timer will keep getting reset if you keep trying. You have to wait for the full time period to elapse between posts.

JaySwear said:
soon to be on my tele deluxe

4575937944_b4fb079589.jpg

as a side note, would adding string trees to my tele make a difference in sound? there are no trees on currently, and the string's break angle is fine as is. the B string seems a little lifeless next to the other stings (not just the always-twangy G, but the high E also). would a string tree help even that out, or should i just start messing around with string gauges?

i only ask here because string trees would go on before the logo, but i won't add them if they aren't needed.
String trees are the answer to badly cut nuts. Even Fender admits it. Otherwise, they're rarely needed and do nothing for tone.

Cagey said:
That's the lockout doing its job. The timer will keep getting reset if you keep trying. You have to wait for the full time period to elapse between posts.

Hmm, TalkBass is different.

You usually have to wait 30 seconds between posts or searches, and it will say to try again in X number of seconds.

ok thanks. i wasn't sure if maybe they'd brighten the string by adding a bit of extra tension. if they aren't needed then i won't be adding any

no logo looks badass and makes me think wtf kind of guitar is that when i see a person playing one so there you go

also ditto on no advertising, i even scratch labels off my cymbals

Back