Has there ever been Black Friday at Warmoth?

molul

For those who've followed Warmoth more closely than me (I just bouth a couple of bodies and a neck in the last 10 years XD), do you know if they have discounts on Black Friday?

Thanks in advance :)

If there ever was one  I missed it.  Only "discounts" I've seen are in the screamin' deals section.

Nope...no Black Friday sales. Warmoth very rarely has sales of any kind, actually.

Well, think about it.  They're already direct to consumer.  They cut the prices to consumers by 2/3rds when they stopped going through dealers by going direct.  They cut production costs by creating a website rather than a catalog that can be obsolete by the time it goes to print, they have an showcase that updates daily.
The benefit to the consumer is considerably higher as a result of all of these things.

The closest thing to a sale I've seen is when Ken did a drastic inventory reduction sale about a decade ago, moving items that had sat in the showcase for years and years.  Takes a while to build up the world's largest inventory of replacement bodies and necks.

It's the approach we take to marketing. It's the strategy I prefer because:

• It preserves the perceived value.
  • It negates the incentive to postpone purchases until a sale happens.
  • It reduces CSR load, by eliminating disgruntled people who "bought something yesterday, but today it's on sale".
  • It's a more honest way to price your goods than disguising their true price behind coupons, rebates, and rewards programs.
  • When you do have a sale, it really means something.
One of the things I loathe most in this world are companies that bet against their customers by making them work hard for the lowest price. Example: mail in rebates. Another example: places like Bed, Bath, & Beyond  or Papa Murphy's that always have a 10% off coupon available...but you have to remember to bring it in, or you pay full boat. Another example: places like Safeway where you must be a  rewards card member to get the best price.

Back in the 80's, I organized an International Guitar Month promotion for the store I had my shop in, and I called several of our suppliers to donates prizes. I called Ken at Warmoth (you could do that back then), and asked if he would donate a body or neck. He sent 2 of each - and he didn't pussyfoot around with low price stuff - he sent a solid koa Tele body, a solid rosewood Strat body, a solid paduak Tele neck, and a flamed maple Strat neck with an ebony fingerboard. I was floored! This stuff was FREE, and all I had to do was pay shipping. That is why I will always remember Ken and Paul fondly, as the sweetest guys in the biz.

Let me look for some pix....

Or like the 1/4ly clothing expeditions my wife takes me on to Macy's, it's like a discount, with a rebate, within a mark down, on top of a special, from last season, plus a bonus ... on a sale at a pre-sale.  :help:  I wish they would have just one price instead of creating this frenzied shopping experience.  I know the answer is the bean counters figured this is how they can make the most money, but still ... grumble grumble grumble

Those bed bath & beyond coupons get my wife excited tho. My wife might actually buy me a guitar if she thought she was getting a discount. Just sayin. You and I know better, but thats her world.

We used to have "Garage Sales" back in the day. Pretty much for local walk in purchases. We would do it once a year on a Saturday. If you bought a neck, we would fret it for you on the spot. If you bought a body we would add a trem rout or a side jack etc. while you waited. Mike Lull would come down from Seattle to help out. It was pretty fun actually to work with the customer face to face.

I really  like Warmoth's direct approach, I have always looked at coupons and discounts as the marketing gimmicks that they really are, as Aaron mentioned it just gets the guy who bought the day or week before the sale mad that he paid more. Quality products, knowledgeable sales staff and fair  prices keeps everybody happy. Being a newbie at guitar building I have found their help invaluable. Even though as a Canadian customer I have the privilege of paying an extra 36% due to exchange rates Ha Ha I will certainly be buying more parts from Warmoth. Worth the money.
Cheers
time for a few bubblies

Thanks everyone for your replies. I appreciate Warmoth's policy regarding sales, but I thought I'd better ask, just in case ^_^U

The Aaron said:
It's the approach we take to marketing. It's the strategy I prefer because:

• It preserves the perceived value.
  • It negates the incentive to postpone purchases until a sale happens.
  • It reduces CSR load, by eliminating disgruntled people who "bought something yesterday, but today it's on sale".

• Do you think that would be a concern for next year? With folks waiting to order until all 12 announcements are revealed? No buyers remorse for ordering something then finding out about another better option 3 months later for example?

The Aaron said:
One of the things I loathe most in this world are companies that bet against their customers by making them work hard for the lowest price. Example: mail in rebates. Another example: places like Bed, Bath, & Beyond  or Papa Murphy's that always have a 10% off coupon available...but you have to remember to bring it in, or you pay full boat. Another example: places like Safeway where you must be a  rewards card member to get the best price.

I fully agree with everything you said, but one thing I have realized as I got older is you have to market to the people as they exist and not the people as you want them to exist. A lot of people seem to like that approach. Fortunately for you guys, I don't think Warmoth's potential customers are like that.

spe111 said:
The Aaron said:

I fully agree with everything you said, but one thing I have realized as I got older is you have to market to the people as they exist and not the people as you want them to exist. A lot of people seem to like that approach. Fortunately for you guys, I don't think Warmoth's potential customers are like that.

Yup, "Supply & Demand" as it currently stands.

The Aaron said:
Nope...no Black Friday sales. Warmoth very rarely has sales of any kind, actually.

Dare I contradict you A-aron? I've been around a 'lil longer than you (not in Earth Years but in W years), and there was ONE Black Friday sale in 2011. I know because I had to work that Friday to get orders out.  :laughing3: That being said, waiting for it would be like waiting for Halley's Comet.

Wolff05 said:
The Aaron said:

Dare I contradict you A-aron? I've been around a 'lil longer than you (not in Earth Years but in W years), and there was ONE Black Friday sale in 2011. I know because I had to work that Friday to get orders out.  :laughing3: That being said, waiting for it would be like waiting for Halley's Comet.

Warning issued.

Warmoth doesn't need sales. Their prices are already great. You will find lower prices but not for the same quality stuff.

Back