Hard case to fit Musiclander?

Pazuzu93

Does anyone know of a form-fit hard case that will fit a Musiclander snugly and securely?

I like the SKB cases, not sure if it will fit in one of those, though (I just ordered the neck and body today - delivery will be a while as they are customized finished items).

The guitar I'm building is 25-1/2" scale and has a Warhead headstock. I was hoping I could get it in a regular Strat case or slightly modify the case lining to accommodate it.

Thanks for the input.

Maybe gator makes one, I know they make one for a jazz master which has a large body.  Their website has measurements and they answer email, as does tkl.

When I needed a case for my Jazzmaster, I took the guitar in to Guitar Center and tried every case they had till I found one that worked.

Trying it out is the best method, after that, if you do on line, make sure there's a return policy with a reasonable return freight like AMS.

With the gator, given my OCD, I added some more padding to the bottom of the case so the the end pin didn't touch.  I covered it with felt, so it looks like it belongs.  Also, glued on a piece of stair tread so it had a bumper on the end when it stands.  I tried three cases before I got this one.

I tried to fit mine into my SKB 1-66 (or something like that) Strat/Tele case - unsurprisingly it didn't fit properly, but if you didn't mind persuading/abusing the case innards fairly vigorously (and permanently), it might just about work. Something with just a little extra length for the body - like a JM case - would easily take it, but you'd probably then need additional padding to keep it from rattling around sideways.

Here it is in a Kinsman HFE3 'hardfoam' case. Fits fine and is ok for in-house/studio etc. protection and for careful loading in and out of a car. Not for chucking in the van or worse.

v5dQtHZ.jpg

i don't have anything to add other than as a big fan of the Exorcist movies that i like your username pazuzu93.

Thanks all. I suspect that it might actually fit in a Jazzmaster case, maybe with some added cushioning around the sides of the body. Just going to have to buy one and find out.

Man, I can't wait to build my Musiclander though. I've been plotting my Warmoth build for 3 or 4 years now because I wanted the specs to be perfect since it will (ideally) be my "forever" guitar to replace all my cheapie import junkers, and wanted to wait until I stopped changing my mind on the specs. Finally ordering the parts felt good!  :toothy10:

BroccoliRob said:
i don't have anything to add other than as a big fan of the Exorcist movies that i like your username pazuzu93.

Haha, it's something I came up with in high school during my death metal phase (it's black metal now  :headbang5) as a reference to the eponymous song by the band Behemoth.

Also, Sumerian mythology is fascinating as well. The name just stuck around as a default choice for usernames, etc.

Back