Quick recommendation for VIP tilt back headstock hard case

TBurst Std

Hello, need a quick recommendation for a hard case for a VIP with tilt back headstock.  Only proven items please.
Needless to say, typical strat/tele cases will not work.

On a non-permanent basis I've used bass gig bags for my Jazzmaster which normally lives in Gator case.  Don't see why it wouldn't work for a vip.

My current build is a VIP and I'm looking at Gator and SKB.  My plan is to order two, have them  delivered to Guitar Center, and try the one liked best.

On my Gator Jazzmaster case I had to put in some extra padding at the butt end, and some stair tread on the outside butt end so it would stand upright.

Used some good foam, wrapped in felt. Spray glued in place.  Stair tread bought at Home Depot cut it to the size I needed, and used the spray glue.

I’ll let you know. GC said they had a case in stock that would fit. Took the drive there and sure enough it didn’t. Doesn’t accommodate for a tilt back headstock.  Again they said it would work.  I said go grab that McCarty an try it. Sure enough they looked at it with a puzzled mind realizing their error.

Anyways, ordered the Gator.  Amazon has zero stock except for a seller that is charging 130 more.  Sweetwater is back ordered on them. We will see.

Item GTR-ELEC-WIDE

American music supply might have them in stock.  2 day delivery.
Curious ... which case and brand failed to fit.

TBurst Std said:
I’ll let you know. GC said they had a case in stock that would fit. Took the drive there and sure enough it didn’t. Doesn’t accommodate for a tilt back headstock.  Again they said it would work.  I said go grab that McCarty an try it. Sure enough they looked at it with a puzzled mind realizing their error.

Anyways, ordered the Gator.  Amazon has zero stock except for a seller that is charging 130 more.  Sweetwater is back ordered on them. We will see.

Item GTR-ELEC-WIDE

I'm nashville local and I'm making the shop rounds this next weekend. I can look for you if you'd like.

UPDATE:

Got the Gator GTR-ELEC-WIDE
It fits. Headstock nor tuners hits the bottom of the case with guitar laying in it. A press though down on it allows the backs of the D and G tuners to contact, NOT the headstock.

I am thinking just a tad, (like 1/8") of padding under the neck cradle will accommodate for that.

Back