Guitar Tuning Machines

alexmyla

Ok so i've been wondering....
On one of my guitars i've wanted to try out the ultra ridiculous low tuned set of strings by GHS ZakkWyld sig string...
they go from 11-60 or and a 12 to 70 or osmething. Now if i wanted to use those strings the last string poses a problem cause my sperzels will take a max of about 56 or something....

do you guys know any companys that would allow for larger diameteres?

Zakk Wylde signature Extra Ultra Incredible brand tuners will hook you up!
They're made by Smith and Wesson and are bored to.38, .357, and 30-06 sizes.

:tard:

Sorry, man I dunno. Just messing around. On the real though, i think it'll fit in a Grover.... :dontknow:
Anyone else?

I know the sperzels won't take a huge string stock, but can be bored out to some extent. You're better off with non-locking setups for huge strings, especially since you're not dive bombing (are you?)  - the cheaper gotohs that warmoth sells worked great for my baritone, I had .07 on there.

thanks guys. i might just end up buying one tuner that can fit it and keep the rest locking. its gonna be a cosmetic nightmare but i really could care less lol.

As I recall, the pins come out of the Sperzels... you can probably just take off the locking screw and pin, "slightly" enlarge the hole for the string, and refit the screw and pin.  Check that out first... but I'm pretty sure that'll work.

Back