Guitar Heros who have passed

elfro89 said:
Personally i don't care how they want to develop as song writers. It is their job to create something i want to listen to and more importantly buy.

Good lord, that's how you view music?!

kboman said:
elfro89 said:
Personally i don't care how they want to develop as song writers. It is their job to create something i want to listen to and more importantly buy.

About half an hour ago yes.

kboman said:
elfro89 said:

I have a theory that all (decent quality) songwriters, with a very few exceptions, have maybe a five year window of genuine creativity. The dynamics in a band may change, and extend this period but with a 1 person writing arrangement I reckon it's about right. Therefore, if band x started in 1980, and I'm seeing them in 2010, I DO NOT want to hear anything off their brand new available in stores now record Lovescape. They can leave that shit in the bus.

kboman said:
elfro89 said:

no, that is how I look at a musical career of a pop star
how many bands get past 3 hit recordings?
How many hit the next milestone of 6?
The music industry chews up acts left and right to make money, they know what is hot today, is nothing tomorrow
and to them it is all about the dollar, not how talented a band is, or how they can play a guitar, it is about selling CDs and making money for the recording company.
A band that does not turn out the hits, gets no R&D money.

There are exceptions like super stars

Barbara Streisand could pull the money for a project.

OK All I said was at the moment his career is dead, He is not touring, has health issues why he cannot, Has problems working with guys, like Mr Anthony. (sounds Like Axle in a way) and thinks his poop does not stink. What happens if a Disc does come out in 2011 will be the next chapter of his life and career.

As of the moment he is in limbo, that is what I am saying and it is sad as he has a talent that he could be really putting out some nice stuf, he has always been inventive. Why that seems to upset you is not my problem. It is you not wanting to lose part of your life. If he does have a great year next year it will benefit me by having new music to go over, otherwise there will be new acts to see and listen to. I have seen bands come and go since I bought my first record age 7 in the 60s, I am not the old man who puts in his garage listening to the music I heard in high school, if it comes on killer. I can play the first record I ever bought still, Wild Thing, the Trogs, But I would rather work over the new Disc by :insert name here: that just came out and learn new riffs and songs. Why do I want to play eruption for the 1001st  time unless someone wants me to?
So I digress. If you want to say Eddie is at the top of his form, I will let you, but like the next Stones Tour, how many times before it gets boring?

I will include one of my favorite Basist
Jaco

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25DXcFg1TFo&feature=&p=5006E944C2AE08A3&index=0&playnext=1[/youtube]

ah so if bassists are included, lets not forget Phil!!

Maybe not the best bassist, but definitely the coolest person in history of Rock!!!

3614065.jpg

84889305.jpg

Marko said:

Maybe not the best bassist, but definitely the coolest person in history of Rock!!!

3614065.jpg

84889305.jpg

Brain abscess I believe. Sad, very talented.

PT said:
Marko said:

3614065.jpg

84889305.jpg

Brain abscess I believe. Sad, very talented.

Liver and heart issues are what did Phil in, and at a young age--he was only 36. Was brought on by a lifelong problem with heroin and alcohol abuse. Really is a big loss--he was a hell of a vocalist. To my ear, he did the best version of "Whiskey in the Jar."  It was his version that Metallica actually covered.

If I'm not mistaken, Phil Lynott died of AIDS.  Keep in mind it was the mid 80s.  If AIDS was called AIDS then, it was still regarded as a homosexual disease.  Kidney and liver infection as well as pneumonia are all consistent with that diagnosis.

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
If I'm not mistaken, Phil Lynott died of AIDS.  Keep in mind it was the mid 80s.  If AIDS was called AIDS then, it was still regarded as a homosexual disease.  Kidney and liver infection as well as pneumonia are all consistent with that diagnosis.

It's hard to know reading the press. I read he shot up with unclean needles that caused a whole body infection (septicemia) which ended up infecting a number of body parts including his liver, kidneys and brain. Either way it was tragic and he was too young.

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:

He died of pneumonia when he passed out in his bathtub, (whether it was aids related or not who knows)

His collapse, and soon to follow death, he was sickly, skinny, and weak before that and was being taken care of by his mother.  The AIDS, dirty needles thing is what I'd read.  And yes, too young and before his time.

Phil did not die from AIDS.  :doh:

His downfall started with heroin use.

He contracted hepatitis around '77 (and recovered)... then several years later:

The official cause of death was recorded as multiple internal abscesses causing blood poisoning leading to kidney, liver and heart failure.

Back