Guitar Family Portrait. (post em)

Death by Uberschall said:
Did Orpheo say he's buying Strat parts?!?!?!?!?!?!?  :eek:

haha, no, seriously. I had a daphne blue strat once, and I really liked that guitar. I regret having sold that one. great guitar, really. and now I have that partsocaster frankenmonster strat with floyd and strang looking quircky shit, and I love that guitar. really. she sounds and plays great. I feel the need for singlecoils every once in a while. so, c'mon, how much are warmoth strats these days? 1000$, tops. the body is like, 400$? neck 300$. trem and other hardware are like 150$. that leaves me with 150$ for pickups...if I keep on working 3 days a week, i can pull it off without a hitch. but I'll do my 'lespaul-verised'versions first :) because alder, ash and maple are readily available, and I don't want to have troubles when I'm importing korina, bloodwood, pau ferro, etc etc.

There's a lightweight hardtail Soloist, which is sort of a Strat, in the "Screamin' Deals" section right now that's priced to move, and very attractive...

slp141A.jpg
slp141C.jpg
slp141B.jpg

You could do the single coil thing with that, and it's already set up for a 24 fret neck. Curly Maple over Basswood, add an Ebony over Maple neck to that, and it'd be a helluva fiddle. $325, in the box, out the door. Somebody needs to jump on that.

Incidentally, there's a nice Fiesta Red Swamp Ash Strat in the Screamin' Deals section for only $255 right now, too. More of a standard design, if that's what you'd prefer.

Dang, there's some serious guitar meat around this place.  And I see why Warmoth calls Orpheo a "Hero Member"!

Here's the three I've built, not including the '57 Gibson or the Victor Baker archtop.

Whole-Kit-10-13_zpsf43fce26.jpg

I love the white one with black hardware! But then again... When DON'T I love white/black guitars?!  :icon_biggrin:

Also, hardware matching chrome pickup rings on strat pickguard with humbuckers = WIN!

I don't think I ever contributed to this thread.  (Here ya go, Day-mun!)

Warmoths.  There are five missing that are at the shop right now.  Individual photos of them follow.  I like the way STDC laid his out, so I copied that!  By the way STDC, love that Buck Owens Tele!

(nevermind the strings on this one  :doh:)

Non-Warmoths:

Acoutics:

Guitar rig:

Bass rig:

Drum machine rig (my old bass rig):

:kewlpics:
That's a healthy clutch of fiddles ya got there in your stable! Cool that ya threw in the non-W's as well!  :icon_thumright:

Just curious, -is the Cordoba part of the fusion series? The neck looks a tad slimmer than your typical classical...

Whew! I'll have to study the pics and see if there's anything else I want to pick your brain about later... -Jeez! Eye-candy for days! Thanks, Doc!

Day-mun said:
:kewlpics:
That's a healthy clutch of fiddles ya got there in your stable! Cool that ya threw in the non-W's as well!  :icon_thumright:

Just curious, -is the Cordoba part of the fusion series? The neck looks a tad slimmer than your typical classical...

Whew! I'll have to study the pics and see if there's anything else I want to pick your brain about later... -Jeez! Eye-candy for days! Thanks, Doc!

Cool, glad you like them!  :icon_thumright: 

Good eye on the Cordoba.  It is the GK Studio Negra, part of the Iberia series. 

I prob'ly wouldn't notice such things but I just scored a good deal on a Cordoba Orchestra last year on CL. I researched a bit before "crossing over", so... I jumped on this one because it has a radius/C-profile to the neck and a little narrower nut, per the Fusion series specs. Love it. Now my Taylor permanently resides at my dad's house lol! Here's mine:

CordobaOrchestra.jpg

Nice looking Cordoba, Day-mun.  I bet it plays very well and sounds great.  I was quite impressed with the Cordobas I tried out before getting the one I did.

Guess this thread is about collections of Warmoth builds, so I'd better toss up a pic.  :laughing7:

Here's the current line-up (minus the Cordoba, of course):

Attachments

• DSCN2185.JPG
    DSCN2185.JPG
    280.4 KB · Views: 1,023
Yeah, the three in front are all fretless; the Jazz is a little fancier 'cuz of the lines-n-dots & two pickups 'stead of my usual set-n-forget single pickup lay-out.

The Strat is pretty standard, 'cept for the hardtail bridge and the boatneck... -it loves to do the cowboy chords!

The sonic blue P-bass in the back has a T-bass neck with SS6105's. -Just ordered parts to heavily mod that one; it's getting Sheehanized with a mudbucker in the neck, a MM (passive w/alnico magnets) as close to the "sweet spot" as I can manage, and a Jag switch-plate w/three on/off sliders for pickup selection. -Oh, and a Hipshot extender D-tuner just for fun! -Hey, I only have one fretted thumper, so I'm crammin' the Gib, F, & EB tones all into one lol!  :headbang1:

Sorta like this:
257600_4417374473128_904413625_o-533x400.jpg

Back