Guitar Cable Russian Roulette

Wizard of Wailing

So my Planet Waves Circuit Breaker cable is already toast after one month of light usage.  Meanwhile, I have another Planet Waves cable that has been trouble free for at least 8 years.  So it always goes with these cables.  One of these days I actually need to go through the trouble of taking these companies up on whatever warranties they offer.  Unfortunately these companies rightly assume that I'm too lazy to go through the process of returning it or registering online for some warranty.  I must change my ways and/or find a really reliable cable manufacturer.  If anyone has a reliable brand they like for cables, let me know.

That's a clever design. Be tough to break. I think I'm going to have to try some of those.

I have had a lot of luck with Monster and Planet Waves. I have bought one of each over the past few years and never had any issues with them (I literally only own like 2 cables...)

Also, I too have one of the circuit breaker cables and I can't believe how much I use the on/off switch. For some reason it is so much more intuitive to me than to roll off the volume or something. I play a lot while sitting at the computer using Guitar Pro, so being able to switch it on/off while I browse or work on the computer is awesome.

I've had the cable for at least 6-7 years and actuated the switch thousands of times. Never had any problems with, and I only very recently started wrapping my cables properly. I'm so new to it that I cant even remember what its called...

I alos have good luck with Monster. Also for a cable thats not too expensive but holds up well ( Ive rolled office chairs over it, stepped on it, and yanked on it- is a Dimarzio.

Back