Ground from the tremolo claw

christ462000

I have just copper shielded my Warmoth strat and i want to ground my guitar by soldering the wire to the claw but i cannot remember if there is a hole near the claw that i can pass the wire through.
Thank's

christ462000 said:
I have just copper shielded my Warmoth strat and i want to ground my guitar by soldering the wire to the claw but i cannot remember if there is a hole near the claw that i can pass the wire through.
Thank's

Normally, there's a hole from the trem route to the control cavity route.

In one case I took a drill and created a small hole to have something for the wire to go through and then soldered the whole thing.

Yes, Warmoth pre-drills that hole. You'll have to start poking around the copper foil to find it. :)

If you press on the foil, the hole may reveal itself as a small dent. I don't have a Strat body laying open at the moment, but it seems to me the hole is about an inch and a half back from the front wall where the claw screws in, and about halfway up the sidewall. I doubt it's a hole the CNC machine does, so the position may vary, but that's where I'd be looking for it. Get a finishing nail or something like that to poke around with.

Another thing to consider is that since the foil shielding is useless, if you have to pull it back to find the hole by sight, you're not going to hurt anything.

Back