Gregg's Outro

The best of Luck to you and your wife, Gregg!!

Thanks for setting up this forum! It has been my favorite place on the internets all the way back to the good old EZBoard days!!

I agree with what Corey said.  From witnessing how you and Eric run things around here, you should have a well run place that people enjoy dropping into.  I wish you the best of luck, and don't be a stranger round these parts.
Patrick

music and food . . . two of my favorite things. I've always thought it would be cool to have a bar/grill setup with a little stage and some decent sound equipment off in a corner, music and food go together so well.

oh, and if you invest in a house Hammond, you'd probably have B3 junkies in there 24/7 playing for free (or for a couple beers).

Best of luck!

B3Guy said:
oh, and if you invest in a house Hammond, you'd probably have B3 junkies in there 24/7 playing for free (or for a couple beers).

Best of luck!
Whoa....awesome idea! You're right!

Thank you Gregg for everything you've done for the UW forum. It's definitely something to be proud of. And good luck with the new place.

Congrats on realizing your dream, bro! Coincidentially, today is also my last day after a long stint. I just wish I was opening a bar instead of going to work for a different "the man." Good luck, God speed, and may the Force be with you (I figure that covers most personal belief systems).

Gregg said:
B3Guy said:

Best of luck!

Then you'll need a Leslie 145/7 as well.  I mean, well, it just has to be that way...
Patrick

Patrick from Davis said:
Gregg said:
B3Guy said:

Best of luck!

Then you'll need a Leslie 145/7 as well.  I mean, well, it just has to be that way...

Patrick

You can get a C-3 or an A-100, they're the same thing as a B3 internally. And don't worry about how it looks on the outside, just if it works on the inside. Its gonna get bumped end dinged anyhow, so cosmetics don't matter. They're perfect "keeper" instruments for bars, etc. because its not like someone's gonna just walk out with a Hammond  :icon_biggrin: even the Leslie needs either two guys or someone really good with a dolly. And Hammonds have locks on the lid usually, so in the odd scenario where there's a time slot with nobody playing, just close it and lock it to keep beer-soaked fingers off.

There really are quite a few Hammond players just around, and many of them are really talented, but they can't just up and play any old gig here or there, because they either just play the one at their church, or the one in their house. But give them a venue that has one just sitting there, and they'll be hanging out all the time. There's a bar I know in Minnesota that has a Hammond . . . they have "Hammond Night" once a week  :icon_thumright:

B3Guy said:
There really are quite a few Hammond players just around, and many of them are really talented, but they can't just up and play any old gig here or there, because they either just play the one at their church, or the one in their house. But give them a venue that has one just sitting there, and they'll be hanging out all the time. There's a bar I know in Minnesota that has a Hammond . . . they have "Hammond Night" once a week  :icon_thumright:

I used to live in a town that had a restaurant/bar with a Mighty Wurlitzer, and they used to do the same thing.

800px-Berlin_Wurlitzer_Spieltisch_3.jpg

If you knew what you were doing, they'd let you play with it. Of course, there weren't very many people who could handle a machine like that, so you basically lived with the in-house guy who played a lotta show tunes. Still, it was fun. Especially so for guys like me who were into a lot of automation. This thing was incredible. Real horns, drums, strings, the whole nine yards. Took up half the building, and another quarter just to house all the pneumatics and hydraulics. Those were all behind windowed walls so you could see them operating. Helluva thing.

Only problem was, it sorta drew the wrong crowd. Not wrong in the sense that they were bad or unruly - just the opposite. They were highly responsible older folks who didn't stay out all night drinking, dancing and raising hell, and didn't want to pay premium prices for drinks. So, business was slow. Still, it was a cool place to take people at reasonable hours. and talk when you didn't want to be bothered.

Doughboy said:
Good luck Gregg. If Dexter isn't too far from Portland, I'll come down for a drink the next time I'm there. :eek:ccasion14:

Likewise.  I think I can make a road trip too.

Gregg, best of luck.  But who's going to be taking and posting candid shots of the shop, crew and woodwork in progress after you've gone?  :)

Big thank you for everything Gregg.

Appreciate you putting up with us all these years.  Best of luck with the new bar.  Will definitely try and swing by if I'm ever in the region!

Cheers.

Cagey said:
B3Guy said:

I used to live in a town that had a restaurant/bar with a Mighty Wurlitzer, and they used to do the same thing.

800px-Berlin_Wurlitzer_Spieltisch_3.jpg

If you knew what you were doing, they'd let you play with it. Of course, there weren't very many people who could handle a machine like that, so you basically lived with the in-house guy who played a lotta show tunes. Still, it was fun. Especially so for guys like me who were into a lot of automation. This thing was incredible. Real horns, drums, strings, the whole nine yards. Took up half the building, and another quarter just to house all the pneumatics and hydraulics. Those were all behind windowed walls so you could see them operating. Helluva thing.

Only problem was, it sorta drew the wrong crowd. Not wrong in the sense that they were bad or unruly - just the opposite. They were highly responsible older folks who didn't stay out all night drinking, dancing and raising hell, and didn't want to pay premium prices for drinks. So, business was slow. Still, it was a cool place to take people at reasonable hours. and talk when you didn't want to be bothered.

yeah, I've heard those things played, pretty cool, but the Hammond is NOT your grandma's organ. In fact, grandma probably wouldn't be too happy with most of the stuff I play on mine.

Gregg,

it's been a pleasure to work with you. Seems like yesterday that I was interviewing with you and Ken. I'll always be thankful for having faith in me to take over the sales office.

Other than work you have become a good friend and I am extremely excited for you in your new adventure..... I'll miss seeing you around here..... But now I have a new vacation destination in driving distance!

We'll stay in touch... but I wanted to give you a pubic shout out and thank you!

Cheers!

Rob Rounds

Gregg, thanks so much for the work you've put into creating and running this forum. No place on the internet has influenced me as a musician like this place has and I'm very grateful for what I've been able to learn and the kinds of people I've been able to talk to here. You did a fantastic job and I have no doubt you'll continue to create success wherever you go. Be sure and update us as you settle into your new job. Congratulations and I wish you many blessed years ahead.

:rock-on:

Hate to see you leave, I gotz more crazy stuff to build.  :laughing7:

Best wishes and good luck with the venture. Need a house band???  :toothy11:

Thank you Gregg for helping make UW my favorite forum.  Good luck.

Just because you are leaving Warmoth, doesn't mean you can't stop by here every now and again to say Hi. :eek:ccasion14:

You're leaving the place where everybody knows your name to start a bar? Ironic.

swarfrat said:
You're leaving the place where everybody knows your name to start a bar? Ironic.

Hehe! Yeah.

norm%20cheers.JPG

Pour you a beer, Mr. Peterson?
Alright, but stop me at one....make that one thirty.

Back