Graphtech nut problem

tomroffey666

Hey guys im having trouble gluing my graphtech black XL nut on my warmoth jackson neck. Im using standard wood glue and it doesn't seem to be doing much at all. I haven't tried super glue because i'm scared that will damage the wood (from what people have been saying). What glue do you guys recommend for graphite nuts? Your help will be much appreciated!

Tomo

I used no glue on my last nut,  fit so snug in there on the test fit I couldn't get it out!

String pressure will help seat it too, so perhaps you could wood glue it, then string it for a while to keep pressure as it dries?

Yep. White glue and string pressure should do the trick. It worked on my Strat, where the nut slot is too wide for the nut blanks you can buy from parts suppliers (thanks MightyMite).  :laughing7:

Funky Phil said:
I always use superglue to glue nuts on...only use a little though!

I use superglue as does the shop.  Only a small amount is necessary.  Once the guitar is strung up, string pressure will hold it in place.

Wyliee said:
Funky Phil said:
I always use superglue to glue nuts on...only use a little though!

I use superglue as does the shop.  Only a small amount is necessary.  Once the guitar is strung up, string pressure will hold it in place.

+1  :icon_thumright:

The super glue will definitely work, but you do need a good clean square joint. CA doesn't make strong fillets; it wants close contact between the parts. If you don't have a good shelf for the nut, titebond is better because it fills gaps, but it also doesn't have as strong a grip on the nut. You shouldn't need too strong a grip as the strings will keep things in place, but again, if the mating surfaces aren't clean and square, it's an easy joint to break.

Yeah its playing pretty nice now. Its little low getting some buzz on open strings but no fret outs so im happy haha.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who doesn't mind a little fret buzz? It seems like some people go berserk the second there's the slightest rattle somewhere. Then again, I'm a pretty vigourous strummer, so it's nigh impossible to have decent action sans buzzing.

Back