Got the “Rona”

'Rona' is a lumber store in my neck of the woods.  I read the title and thought you were buying some 2x4s for a project...

Sucks man.  Take it easy. 

We've yet to get it, but know plenty of folks who have...

I woke up Sat with a light sore throat About 7pm I got hit with unbelievable chills and a headache.  Went to sleep ( actually just laid down, there was very little sleep).

Woke up Sunday feeling much better though still sick.  Took a home test. Positive.

Woke up Monday feeling better.  About 85% of normal. 

Woke up today and feeling about 85% again.  Will retest

That sucks, Tony. Hope it clears up and no lasting effects.

My wife's had it twice and both times, she was down for over a week. The first time was in March of '20 when nobody knew what was going on. Second time was April of '21; likely that one of the kids brought it home from school. She felt okay that second time for a little while, but then the PCR test came back + and almost immediately that night, she went down. Spent the entire next week in bed, unable to move.

Somehow, I've managed to steer clear of it all.

NedRyerson said:
That sucks, Tony. Hope it clears up and no lasting effects.

My wife's had it twice and both times, she was down for over a week. The first time was in March of '20 when nobody knew what was going on. Second time was April of '21; likely that one of the kids brought it home from school. She felt okay that second time for a little while, but then the PCR test came back + and almost immediately that night, she went down. Spent the entire next week in bed, unable to move.

Somehow, I've managed to steer clear of it all.

It's kicking my butt.  Body aches, tired, congestion, but the worst is the throat and the pain of every swallow.  Eating lightly, things like yogurt, the less abrasion against my throat wall the better.

Well, a month after, sooo much better.  The worst was the raw tongue and throat, which faded after about 7 days.  Now, I am dealing with my breathing, still not quite able to take full deep breaths as often as I did before, but I am back to work talking on the phones all day.  I haven’t been able to sing at full power and volume yet either, so I haven’t resumed vocal tracking, which has me antsy because I have 4 songs left to track vocals for this record and I want to get them done.  I have an inhaler of albuterol to help with the breathing but day by day it is getting better.

Thanks so much for asking.

Now that we're back at work and the kids are in summer camp, in upstate NY we've got a flu that's going around that has similar symptoms to Covid, chills, respiratory congestion, bone ache, fatigue.  It's not Covid, no razor blades, or lack of taste, but it knocked me out for three weeks. Ugh.

Glad you're getting better.

Back