Got my haircut today.

mullyman

And people wonder why I stay in Japan. hehe!!
MULLY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHLnf5v6z-Q

Maybe I just don't know any better.  My wife got tired of me wasting money on $8 haircuts, so she sent me to her girl.  My average time between cuts can be anywhere from 3 months to a year, so $60 isn't extravagant.  Anywho, her girl only cuts hair on 3 men and is a part time model.  Massage and shampoo?  Yes.

$60 haircuts!? I invested in a set of hair clippers years ago, so I wouldn't have to waste the $8 I was paying every few weeks to get a haircut. They've paid for themselves many times over.  (No, the kind of women that cut hair for $8 are nothing to get excited about.)

The haircut is $45.  I tip her $15.  She did go to school and maintains a state license.  Like it or not, that's skilled labor and deserves to be compensated thusly.  Again, that isn't $60 every other week, every other month, or every 3rd month.  I got a hair cut a month ago, and will get one in 5 months.  $120 a year is $10 a month, which is $.33 a day. 

A guy I know cuts his own hair, and it looks like it.  He also reuses sandwich bags, eats the heel of a loaf of bread, puts water in empty mustard jars to get every last bit, runs used motor oil through a series of strainers before reusing, and crashes wedding receptions and union meetings with his kids for free meals .  He does pay cash for cars and houses though.  We could all do it, but who wants to live like that?

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
A guy I know cuts his own hair, and it looks like it. 

It depends on what kind of haircut you prefer. Like Line6Man, I do the Wahl Clipper thing. Put a #4 comb on it and just drive it around my head for a few minutes, trim the edges and call it a love story. Can't tell the difference between that and what any "Cuts 'R' Us" or high-end wallet vacuum joint would do. It's not the money; I could easily pay to have that done. But, then I'm on somebody else's schedule.

mr-t-is-here.png

I like my schedule the way it was, fool!

I Wahl myself too .... I like to do just one or two straight passes over the top and scare my wife with the escaped mental patient look!

I'd definitely prefer Mully's girl do my hair too, but Japan is a long way to go for a haircut!

I miss japanese haircuts but the girls never looked that good in on base. they were usually old enough to be my mom but I still enjoyed the hot towel and sholder masage.

well they opened a place here in new windsor (orange county new york) where they serve you a beer while you wait and give you a sholder rub after the haircut and the employees are exclusively female. its called just for him. the sholder rubs aren't always as good as the japanese ones but I don't complain.

line6man said:
$60 haircuts!? I invested in a set of hair clippers years ago, so I wouldn't have to waste the $8 I was paying every few weeks to get a haircut. They've paid for themselves many times over.  (No, the kind of women that cut hair for $8 are nothing to get excited about.)

This place charges me about 40 bucks. I go every 2 months or so. It's a bit steep, I'd prefer to not pay so much for a haircut, but the girls are hot and they're really friendly.
MULLY
and I just love Japanese women

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
The haircut is $45.  I tip her $15.  She did go to school and maintains a state license.  Like it or not, that's skilled labor and deserves to be compensated thusly.  Again, that isn't $60 every other week, every other month, or every 3rd month.  I got a hair cut a month ago, and will get one in 5 months.  $120 a year is $10 a month, which is $.33 a day. 

A guy I know cuts his own hair, and it looks like it.  He also reuses sandwich bags, eats the heel of a loaf of bread, puts water in empty mustard jars to get every last bit, runs used motor oil through a series of strainers before reusing, and crashes wedding receptions and union meetings with his kids for free meals .  He does pay cash for cars and houses though.  We could all do it, but who wants to live like that?

Ahh, one other great thing about Japan, no tipping. They will not accept it. On top of that the service is top notch, whether it's a haircut, taxi ride, restaurant etc.... Being used to this system really makes it difficult for me when I return to the US and see someone giving minimal effort EXPECTING me to leave a tip.
MULLY

Stew said:
I Wahl myself too .... I like to do just one or two straight passes over the top and scare my wife with the escaped mental patient look!

I'd definitely prefer Mully's girl do my hair too, but Japan is a long way to go for a haircut!

This video has received quite a few comments from people saying that they'd like to come over here and get a haircut with these little honeys. haha!!
MULLY

TroubledTreble said:
Ha! Too cool. I am always jealous of anyone who can speak more than one language as well. That was fun, thanks!

It's a lot easier to learn another language if you live with it 24/7. Had I never left America I'm fairly certain that I'd have never picked up another language.
MULLY

Ever gotten a good straight razor shave? You should definitely treat yourself to one after a haircut like that. Adding whipped cream to an already perfect milkshake, pretty much.

Yeah but ...
My lovely female hair dresser straddles my lap to cut my fringe  :icon_biggrin:  down here in the land of OZ.  :icon_thumright:
Neck & Head massage included too ......

I better not show any video of that thou  :laughing7:

Back