GOOD LUCK USA!!!!!

NonsenseTele said:
GoDrex said:
NonsenseTele said:
You should have watched England's match, Gary... It was very nice!!! England played a hell lot before Capello take out Rooney and put a midfielder and take out DaFoe and put Heskey, the worst striker ever! After that Eslovenia take the lead of the game and almost score!

Nando I'm always going to be watching the wrong match. :laughing7:

You're always going to think football sucks, when really isn't the truth :laughing7:

no I don't think it sucks - it's just too frustrating for me to find it enjoyable. Obviously people love it beyond all reason, but I can't get that into it because it feels like it's too unbalanced - all defense and offensive can barely do anything. They're lucky if the ball goes in the general direction of the net. :laughing7:

jimh said:
We played much much much better today, but we still look vulnerable on the counter-attack. 

Congrats to the USA who just pipped us to the top the group.  See you on the other side...... Hopefully  :icon_tongue:

:icon_thumright:
U.S. sets a new record for least time in the lead for a team that won its group: 2 minutes.  :icon_thumright:
We may be first, but it wasn't pretty  :icon_biggrin:

GoDrex said:
NonsenseTele said:
GoDrex said:
NonsenseTele said:
You should have watched England's match, Gary... It was very nice!!! England played a hell lot before Capello take out Rooney and put a midfielder and take out DaFoe and put Heskey, the worst striker ever! After that Eslovenia take the lead of the game and almost score!

Nando I'm always going to be watching the wrong match. :laughing7:

You're always going to think football sucks, when really isn't the truth :laughing7:

no I don't think it sucks - it's just too frustrating for me to find it enjoyable. Obviously people love it beyond all reason, but I can't get that into it because it feels like it's too unbalanced - all defense and offensive can barely do anything. They're lucky if the ball goes in the general direction of the net. :laughing7:

Australia played Serbia and had to win to have any chance of advancing to Group of 16. We won an exciting open match (maybe you should have watched that Gary!) 2-1, but haven't qualified for next round as Germany beat Ghana in our Group's other match and made it near impossible for us to make the cut. For once we played with 11 players for the whole of match!

Oh & congrats to England & USA for their qualifying.

GoDrex said:
They're lucky if the ball goes in the general direction of the net. :laughing7:

You need to see Messi playing... he never kicks out of the goal...

Was a great time from Australia, you guys almost made it and nobody really believed it before the WC start... Congratulations!

NonsenseTele said:
GoDrex said:
They're lucky if the ball goes in the general direction of the net. :laughing7:

You need to see Messi playing... he never kicks out of the goal...

Was a great time from Australia, you guys almost made it and nobody really believed it before the WC start... Congratulations!

Well...... we did make it TO the WC Finals again (only our 3rd time ever and our 3rd in about 36 years!) & we had to qualify through Asia which was harder. Oh, and this time, we helped our 'little brothers' out ,by getting the Wellington Phoenix team + a few other players onto the NZ team and into the WC!

Most of those who played for Australia this time were there or fringe squad members in 2006, so we had some experience to draw on.

Future qualifications through Asia are going to harder, however, as we will be losing this experienced generation of players over next 2 -3 years & those coming up have had their development interrupted by the chaos that was Football in Australia (old 'Soccer Australia' was managed very amateurishly and corruptly) when they were youngsters - they aren't as technically proficient. The generation following them will be much better (new FFA & advanced coaching curriculum and talent development programs) and in 20 years time I am hoping (if I am still kicking around!) that I can comfortably watch Australia regularly qualify for the WC FInals AND expect to get past the Group stage and beyond.

Agreed that Messi is brilliant and the team (Argentina) around him ain't shabby either. Their manager is a worry tho.....to me, Maradona is so unpredictable mentally.

Edin: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Pete: that is the good thing about Argentina, in my point of view, he is not playing like everybody in WC... Most of games are boring because everybody is playing very alike... All defence and IF we have the chance, we'll score ONE goal... Maradona is there to make history, to CRUSH everybody else, with a lot of technique... I'm loving it!

SustainerPlayer said:
OMG. Denmark stinks big time.  :sad:

Good game from Nippon.  :hello2:

that's well shameful.. I hoped Denmark would go to the second round.

Well at least we won! :) first half was ok, we sucked in the 2nd half until they brought Robben on!!

Somebody please tell to Van Persie and Van der Vaart: "HEY, it's the freaking WORLD CUP!!! If you guys don't want to play, go freaking home!!"

ah no wonder they can't score worth a damn.  :laughing7:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/06/26/world-cup-soccer-ball-fla_n_626536.html

The Onion - BREAKING: Ghana Defeats United States' Interest In Soccer 

:laughing7:

4-1! Quite the massacre. England have not convinced in this world cup and I think they got to play one match more than they really deserved. And yes that was clearly a goal, it's definitely time for goal cameras.

Germany continue to impress.

kboman said:
4-1! Quite the massacre. England have not convinced in this world cup and I think they got to play one match more than they really deserved. And yes that was clearly a goal, it's definitely time for goal cameras.

I don't think England played as bad as the final score would suggest.. I think it would have been a different match if they started the 2nd half with 2-2

kboman said:
I doubt it, tbh.

Me too. England didn't bring anything to the game the first 30 minutes or so. And only had brief flashes of good football-playing in the rest of the game. They were clearly overmatched by the Germans.

Marko said:
kboman said:

I don't think England played as bad as the final score would suggest.. I think it would have been a different match if they started the 2nd half with 2-2

I agree that would be another game if the ref didn't have made the mistake, but the English team felt it too bad, they're very experienced players, they shouldn't... But between the 1st goal and the NOT-2nd England played, on all other time, they lacked organization SO bad... Germans had the controll of the game...
Agreed even more about the technology, not like American Football ones, but like Rugby ones: the 4th referee has a TV, the 1st referee talk with him thru the radio and ask to him watch the replay and then the 4th say what happened... It takes 1/5 of the time of what happens on A.F.

Back