Gold Frets or no....cant decide

TTU Shredder

I am building a White body V-2 with gold hardware. I am planning on putting an Ebony fretboard on the neck with gold tuners and locking nut as well. What I cant decide is if the gold will actually look good on the Ebony fretboard. Does anybody have any suggestions or experiences with what I am trying to do? Thanks

I've ordered the 61GD fretwire on a couple of necks; here's one with any ebony board;

http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=873.0

worked great for me....

I say go for it.  I think the contrast between gold frets and a dark board (especially ebony) looks a lot better than gold frets on lighter wood. :hello2:

It's not really all that noticibly different from 6105 wire, if that's what you're used to, but that's just my take and I'm used to playing a lot of different necks with various fretwire sizes...

I could be wrong, and feel free to correct me if so, but I think I read somewhere on the board that the Gold fretwire is no longer being produced and what they have got is all there is going to be.  If so, you better hurry up and decide....

guitlouie said:
I could be wrong, and feel free to correct me if so, but I think I read somewhere on the board that the Gold fretwire is no longer being produced and what they have got is all there is going to be.  If so, you better hurry up and decide....

Yep, that was from Gregg. He said a couple of months ago that there was only enough for a few more necks.

I was able to get the order in today and they still had gold frets!!  :cool01: Now if I can find a way to kill 5 weeks before I get it in....

My 1st. Warmoth buuld has gold fretwire on Macassar Ebony fretboard. Looks lovely. Frets have a bit of a different feel...I like them.

Just did an phone order for an all wenge baritone neck with gold frets, they still have some gold wire left they said, FYI.

Can't wait to get it :blob7:

white v2 w/gold hardware NICE!  :headbang1:

it say i'm formal but still like to party.
kinda like those t shirts with a tuxedo printed on them

gold hardware for me can only go with white or natural. sometimes black.

DiMitriR33 said:
white v2 w/gold hardware NICE!  :headbang1:

it say i'm formal but still like to party.
kinda like those t shirts with a tuxedo printed on them

gold hardware for me can only go with white or natural. sometimes black.

I agree, but check this out OMG this one rules  http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=2022.msg19641#msg19641

This look is now on my shortlist, Gold on Gold on Gold

RLW said:
guitlouie said:

Yep, that was from Gregg. He said a couple of months ago that there was only enough for a few more necks.
We have a bit more than that as it happens, but I did get my last neck made with it since it's running out.

TTU Shredder said:
I am building a White body V-2 with gold hardware. I am planning on putting an Ebony fretboard on the neck with gold tuners and locking nut as well. What I cant decide is if the gold will actually look good on the Ebony fretboard. Does anybody have any suggestions or experiences with what I am trying to do? Thanks

What’s more of a priority to you?  The aesthetics of the guitar or how it plays?  If you want to decapitate your audience with your “Yngwie Malmsteen, I am your new god” shredding technique then go with Stainless Steel fretwire.  It plays like butta!

NonsenseTele said:
m4rk0 said:
I'm so amazing, check this shiteee  :toothy12:

Which one?  :icon_scratch:  ???

He's quoting a YouTube video that seems to no longer exist.  Perhaps it rubbed Yngwie the wrong way and he requested that it be pulled.  Who knows.

Edit:  It appears that the video was removed as a copyright claim from "Malmsteen Management."  Bummer.

> Perhaps it rubbed Yngwie the wrong way...

There's a mental image I didn't need tonight...

:tard:

Back