give me an idea for a mini-humbucker guitar

vtpcnk

guys, give me an idea for a guitar which will have a mini-humbucker at the neck and a tele standard single coil at the bridge (with the 'ash tray' bridge).

any ideas about a middle pickup which will go well with this combination of pickups is also welcome.

i am not sure about going for a tele - as i have burned my hand twice with it.

apart from a tele what other body shapes will this look/sound good in?

also about suitable body wood for this - will a standard tele bridge pickup sound good on any wood?

pls also note that i have a tele neck which i would like to use for this.

appreciate any insights.

You could try a P-90 or another mini-hum in the middle.  It might look a little unconventional but a flattop LP would look cool.  The Firebird with these pickups and Tele headstock would rule my world.

It's not good for a teenage boy to have idle hands.  If Max finds it interesting enough and reads this thread perhaps he'll photo shop something.  Tele bridge and pickup and mini hum should spark his interest.

Tele bridges are difficult for me to imagine on anything but a Tele, but if I HAVE to, I might go with an LPS, Jaguar, or Mustang.

How about something like this with a neck mini-hum ?

JuniorTwangster.jpg

blue313, is that tele yours?

if so, is that the "seymourized" mini-hum? if so, how does it sound?

appreciate the feedback.

vtpcnk said:
blue313, is that tele yours?

if so, is that the "seymourized" mini-hum? if so, how does it sound?

appreciate the feedback.
That one belongs to a forum member, Chris of Arabia.  I wish it were mine.

btw the lp special with the tele bridge - what sorta physical mods needs to be done to achieve that ie converting from a tuneomatic or wrap around to telebridge?

"Man, I can't find that site with the LP's just like what you photoshopped."

I can't remember where I downloaded the base picture.  It might be from - http://www.provide.net/~cfh/gallery.html but I can't seem to locate the image anymore.

"btw the lp special with the tele bridge - what sorta physical mods needs to be done to achieve that ie converting from a tuneomatic or wrap around to telebridge?"

Major surgery to convert since the Tele bridge is narrower than any tuneomatic/wraparound bridge width and the P90 rout is also wider.  Best is to order a LP flat top body from W with a Tele bridge preparation.

I know this might be offensive to some, considering this is a warmoth forum, but this USACG Jazzmaster tele is really cool!

TJM2.jpg

V-P said:
I know this might be offensive to some, considering this is a warmoth forum, but this USACG Jazzmaster tele is really cool!

TJM2.jpg
I like the Fender Custom Shop ones more, myself.
Telemaster_60Relic-R47469-CFM-FrontFull.jpg

Unwound G said:
"Man, I can't find that site with the LP's just like what you photoshopped."

I can't remember where I downloaded the base picture.  It might be from - http://www.provide.net/~cfh/gallery.html but I can't seem to locate the image anymore.

"btw the lp special with the tele bridge - what sorta physical mods needs to be done to achieve that ie converting from a tuneomatic or wrap around to telebridge?"

Major surgery to convert since the Tele bridge is narrower than any tuneomatic/wraparound bridge width and the P90 rout is also wider.  Best is to order a LP flat top body from W with a Tele bridge preparation.
I know there's a builder I've seen a few times who makes Les Paul Specials with Tele bridges, but I can't find his site. I'm sure it's been posted here before a few times.

Back