General Work Rant

Soylent

You know times are tough.. and they keep making my team smaller by way of layoffs, and then keep piling more and freaking more work on me, and just tell me to do my best.

It's a freaking joke. There isn't a big enough shovel in the world to dig myself out of this hole, but no one cares. I'm so sick and tired of everything going to crap around me, and watching people get let go and their work dumped onto me. I'm frustrated.

The worst part is I can't even play guitar while I work.

:sad:  :sad1:  :tard:  :help:

Probly not the best place to rant about that stuff.. but I'm sure some of you are going through the same thing.. I know Marko is.. he works with me.  :dontknow:

That just sucks man. I've been out of work for 2,5 months now. Sent in an application yesterday, they called me back in less than 12 hours and I have an interview tomorrow. Life is weird, but at least the economy isn't completely screwed over here and I chose a good line of work. But that really sucks. What do you work with?

Well that's great man, I'm glad to hear it.

I'm part of insight.. www.insight.com or NSIT on the stock market, if you'd like to see how crap we are right now lol.

I can imagine businesses not exactly gushing with willingness to replace their computer parks right now... ouch.

I feel your pain Luke!
I just keep wondering - especially in times like these, why do they always put idiots in charge?

That's the thing mate, the software side of the house, my side, is doing great. Absolutely great, but it doesn't matter one lick apparently.  :evil4:  :dontknow:

Luke said:
That's the thing mate, the software side of the house, my side, is doing great. Absolutely great, but it doesn't matter one lick apparently.  :evil4:  :dontknow:

Double ouch!

bpmorton777 said:
Did Marko just change his name?  :icon_scratch:

Brian

He secretly wants to be an Irish Comedy TV character.  Father Ted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT9xuXQjxMM

EMBEDDING DENIED!  :evil4:

Father Ted is a great show both marko and I watch.. it comes on sunday nights at like midnight central on the PBS heh.

Its a fine break from work!

hahaha the guy in My avatar is Fr Jack Hacket, which is my favorite. But I couldn't use that name.. people would confuse me with Jack the Hack! :)

jimh said:
bpmorton777 said:

Brian

I know I'm asking for insults, but it's amazing that I speak the same language as them.

I could only understand about half of what they were saying.  :help:

Edit - Okay, I watched it again, and caught about 80% of what they were saying. Still, I wouldn't want to be dropped in to Dublin by myself and try to survive.  :icon_jokercolor:

exalted said:
jimh said:
bpmorton777 said:

Brian

I know I'm asking for insults, but it's amazing that I speak the same language as them.

Edit - Okay, I watched it again, and caught about 80% of what they were saying. Still, I wouldn't want to be dropped in to Dublin by myself and try to survive.  :icon_jokercolor:

You get used to it tho.. I've been watching BBC America for 80% of my entertainment, and every day it gets a little easier to understand.

exalted said:
jimh said:
bpmorton777 said:

Brian

That's because you're a right pratt...

jackthehack said:
exalted said:
jimh said:
bpmorton777 said:

Brian

That's because you're a right pratt...

Or a wanker...

The Father Ted episode where they dressed up as the 3 ages of Elvis made me cry, I was laughing so hard.  Oh, and the one where they try to win the European song contest with "My Lovely Horse" or whatever their terrible song was called.  Got to get that show on DVD. 

That sucks about your job Luke.  I was having the opposite problem, not enough hours.  I was looking for another job forever and got nothing, but my best friend was totally swamped all the time at her job because they wouldn't hire more people.  But I interviewed today for something that I think I got, so (fingers crossed) my low hours problem is going to be solved pretty soon. 

Best of luck to you.

Back