Gecko (narrow) Fretless Mahogany/Flame Koa - Last bits all done. :)

Thanks!

Yea i would like to be able to change it easier, and I did try and think of a way to have it at the back! But couldn't think of a way that wasn't sticking out loads. You may have given me an idea...

Did you mean a switch like this;

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Electronics,_pickups/Components:_Switches_and_knobs/Switchcraft_Slide_Switches.html

Or if you have a better idea, I'm all ears.

ihnpts said:
As to where the string ferrules are, as my wife would say: "They're where you last left them."  :icon_scratch: :help:

Yea that's what my girlfriend keeps saying.  Haha I'm trying to find some based in the UK that are the ame dimentions, otherwise I'll have to place an order over $25 plus shipping to the UK.

Yep - just like that.  Way less obtrusive than a pointy mini switch, which - if you put it on the panel, would be just waiting for an opportunity to stab you the next time you make some enthusiastic stage move.  And far more convenient than no switch accessible during a gig or practice.

Better idea: develop telekinesis, and move the switch solely with your mind.  You might have to tape it in place, so that you'll always have a clear idea of where it is and what it looks like.  Visualization is the key to successful telekinesis.  :icon_jokercolor: :icon_tongue:

I think I'm going to order one. The only thing I'm not sure on is that the mini switch has 6 lugs and this one has 8, so not sure how that would work wiring wise?

Haha I'll get on that now, better practice lifting some rocks first, that's how Luke Skywalker did it.  :laughing7:

This isn't the final finished bass, i still want to tweak a few bits and make wood control plates etc, but thought I'd give you some better photos of it. Enjoy. :)

DMRACO said:
Amazing.  You officially been bit by the warmoth bug

Thanks for the kind words chaps! I've been playing it all day today, sounds amazing. And I think you're right Dmraco, been finishing off my flame maple Jazz bass (Number 3) this weekend.

In other news, managed to gets some new ferrules from allparts UK and have fitted those. Just waiting on a jaguar switch so i can switch without opening the control cavity.

Im also waiting on some locally sourced wood. (same guy who did the Zebra wood jazz) I'll be cutting this one myself though. :) Any tips? Oh...i dont have a band saw. Im having an ebony truss rod cover, and a wenge control cavity. Couldn't seem to find a piece of mahogany suitable. It will match the neck, so should look cool. :)

Today, I made a mahogany control plate and truss rod cover with the mahogany a guy from a UK forum kindly sent me (for free). I'll upload you a photo of the control cover when its oiled. I thought id share the truss rod shape i made to match the headstock shape. I felt it needed something a little better than the standard one they give you. Looks a lot better don't you think? :)

Thanks. :) I just couldn't bring myself to cut that dead boring shape. They should make my shape the official shape!  :laughing7:

I need a little help on some electronics.

I've wired up my switch for series/single/parallel switching using a standard DPDT on/on/on switch (picture attached of how i've wired it), since I've got an on/on/on slide switch that i intend to have sticking out the control cover, so I can switch sounds without removing the cover.

This is the switch I've got;

My issue is, this has 8 lugs and the current switch has 6, so not sure which ones I should ignore, so if anyone has a wiring diagram or can explain how this should be done then that would be great.

Thanks

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-02-02 at 10.53.29.png
    Screen Shot 2014-02-02 at 10.53.29.png
    80.7 KB · Views: 12
It looks like a DP3T switch, you'll find a diagram for it on google. Just to be sure, if you have a multimeter, you can also test the poles in each position — it will take a bit longer, but this way you won't leave anything to chance.

Thanks,

I've found this diagram for DP3T switch, and i've had a read, but I'm not sure how to translate this from the DPDT switch. I know a little electronics, but only have a basic understanding.

Attachments

• DP3T.jpg
    DP3T.jpg
    1.7 KB · Views: 0
Back