Gecko Guitar Prototype Maybe?

stubhead said:
One thing I thought of a while back - the neck heel on both the 25" scale and the baritone SEVEN-string necks is 2 5/8" wide, and the neck pocket on all standard 4-string bass bodies is 2 1/2" wide.... hmmm, just a leetle shaving here and there... I like 'em weird, you know, anybody can have a Strat. And I like seven-strings. Warmoth used to have more weird bass bodies, but they still have the G4 and the Z bass:
http://www.warmoth.com/bass/bodies/radical.cfm?fuseaction=zbass

Besides having to shave the pocket and place your own hardtail bridge, maybe you can con them into not drilling out for the bass bridge grounding wire. I'm still planning my next project to be a G5 fretless bass with a 32" SCALE, I gotta ask about leaving off both the side dots on the neck and the little butthole for the grounding wire. Then you just have them route for a neck pickup only and slap the bridge on 2" higher.

Not long after they started offering the Z bodies, I remember seeing a 7 string Z in the showcase.I've also thought about a bass body for a 7 stringer. I think the dinky p body would make a good one.

What I really would like is a 7 string V2. Any idea if that's possible?

Back