Gecko 6 in progress

That's a real beauty man...!
Should sound terrific with them Nordies...

Is the string spacing working out with the pu's? The end poles seem to be somewhat wider than the fretboard allows. Or do my eyes play tricks on me?

Anyway, looks are mighty! Let us know how it'll sound... 

Min@cious D. said:
That's a real beauty man...!
Should sound terrific with them Nordies...

Is the string spacing working out with the pu's? The end poles seem to be somewhat wider than the fretboard allows. Or do my eyes play tricks on me?

Anyway, looks are mighty! Let us know how it'll sound... 

Finally got it together.  To my ears, it sounds a lot like my P/J with a bit extra thump to it.  I'm still working out some grounding issues, but I think I'll be very pleased once everything gets dialed in.  The OBP-2 sounds great and it is nice to be able to knock a bit of treble off the top.

The string spacing works out pretty well.  The nut will need some work as part of the setup.  I like it nice and low.

3245954079_4e5b7f26bc.jpg

Hello nice indead

i contacted Warmoth for the same bass a few days ago , Spike told ma that they dont do splated maple on Geckos cuz theu dont bind them

i confuised  :confused4:

Six-One-6-Six said:
Hello nice indead

i contacted Warmoth for the same bass a few days ago , Spike told ma that they dont do splated maple on Geckos cuz theu dont bind them

Wyliee works at W, so it's a custom thing for him  :icon_thumright:
He's taking a risk on it, since the spalt is so soft.

Max said:
Six-One-6-Six said:
Hello nice indead

Wyliee works at W, so it's a custom thing for him  :icon_thumright:
He's taking a risk on it, since the spalt is so soft.

Max is correct.  There was a lot of extra work involved with the spalt.  It is an amazing bass though!

guitlouie said:
More waiting......

Oh, boo hoo, cry us a river, at least you can see yours progressing!  When we have to wait, we have to WAIT!
Yeah get me pics of my Soloist and Tele in the works while your snapping all those pics!!!  :laughing7:
I can give you order numbers if you need them???  :icon_biggrin:

Yeh , That Max, he's a smart kid.  If he was real smart he'd figure out a way to start his own custom shop, while he's living with mom and dad.

After a couple years Mom and Dad would be working for Max, oh how the rolls reverse, ha ha ha ha

Alfang said:
Yeh , That Max, he's a smart kid.  If he was real smart he'd figure out a way to start his own custom shop, while he's living with mom and dad.

After a couple years Mom and Dad would be working for Max, oh how the rolls reverse, ha ha ha ha
I could be in the call center for Aus  :laughing7:

bpmorton777 said:
What fret size did you get on it?

Brian

SS6105.  I rolled the edges myself.  IMO, claims regarding the difficulty of working with stainless steel have been exaggerated.  They took longer to work, but not significantly so.

Wyliee said:
Max is correct.  There was a lot of extra work involved with the spalt.  It is an amazing bass though!

So did you impregnate the wood with epoxy before the finish?

What is the weight like on that?

It's incredible looking, btw.

ognolman said:
Wyliee said:

So did you impregnate the wood with epoxy before the finish?

What is the weight like on that?

It's incredible looking, btw.

There were more finishing applications than normal on here. It sucked up a lot of finish.

Back