GAS Alert!!!!

Be still my heart! It's taking all my strength not to buy this...

riFrg1o.jpg

Tricksy hobbits. The not nice one. links to Imgur instead of the showcase to hide the body number!

This one is nice too. Enough for both of us. Dang. If I couldn't actually use a Tele body right now that would be easier to turn down.

T7558A.jpg

Saw this one on Instagram the other day. Nearly had a heart attack.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210216-140550.jpg
    Screenshot_20210216-140550.jpg
    282.2 KB · Views: 168
I can see that wenge being made into a fretless. Yeah the instrument is set up perfectly but for some reason I play flat on the treble strings and sharp on the bass strings

swarfrat said:
I just discovered quarter sawn white oak. I know "tonewood" folks turn up their nose. But look at this:

Ooh yeah, way underated for aesthetics outside of flooring and old furniture.
I put it on knife handles regularly.

I literally just this past week finished putting together what I promised would be the very last personal build (I have many more guitars than we really have space for and I keep finding ones in the attic that I've forgotten I ever owned), so regrettably I won't be touching it myself, but I just glanced at this one:

PT8647A.jpg

I implore, whoever buys this, for all that is good in this world, whatever you do with that body you must play When Doves Cry on it. In fact if you can't get your funk-rock on, don't buy that body. A top and finish like that deserves to be played only by one who can claim the mantle of Royal Badness. 

That's sharp!

In my experience, Warmoth has some expert photography that always turns out truthful images. But if it looks good in the picture, it's gonna be phenomenal in real life, especially the figured woods. Some of those bodies are just magical when you can lay both eyes on them.

I think I might need one of those in a telecaster shape...

... but then I'd just carve a big hole in the backside  :)

Ain't nobody lookin' at the backside but you, Trevor. 

Unless you're doing the ol' Jimi Hendrix playing-behind-your-head thing.  In which case they're probably not gonna concentrate on the back of the guitar as much as they're paying attention to the ROCKANDROLLER pulling the gag.  Especially if you grow out a groovy afro.

6882b2a001dfb48a93602c0597d638e1.jpg

Or if you post internet videos slamming everyone's favorite vendor and showing off your own John Plant routing technique, people might see it then.

*John Plant - the aussie who did these videos
[youtube]https://youtu.be/P73REgj-3UE[/youtube]

Back