GAS Alert!!!!

It’ll get a Gibson scale Wenge neck in SRV profile. A set of Lace Hemi Humbuckers will handle the pickup positions. Graphtech ratio tuners.

Who knew that walnut had a magnetic field?!?

hDKP6FM.jpg

ragamuffin said:
Who knew that walnut had a magnetic field?!?

hDKP6FM.jpg

Everyone that has walked by that body (while on the cart to be shelved) has stopped and commented on how cool it looks.

Wow I love that look.  It's a more subtle sparkle.  From a distance with no movement and static light it looks normal but with movement it sparkles.  That's great.  Whoever snags that will be really happy. :headbang:

I hope that becomes a Std.  One of those in normal turquoise on a JM body, with a neck, same painted headstock (with an ebony fretboard) would cause me to go into more debt.

I'd hope adding the pearlescent effect can simply be a standardised upcharge for any solid finishes, like how the wider burstover on dye tops used to be, or adding racing stripes. My paint knowledge isn't the absolute most extensive in the world but I can't think of anything that would stop the effect being added to other colours.

Yep, and besides adding it to other colors you can make it as subtle or intense as you'd like.  I did a body not too long ago and went for subtle effect and it came out great. 

I can't for the life of me figure out how to imbed this picture, but this finish (specifically in satin) just inspired my last purchase. Love it!

https://www.warmoth.com/Showcase/ShowcaseItem.aspx?Body=2&Path=Body&i=BP3883#.X4oBFNZFyUk

100% agree on the allure of the transparent satin finishes. It would never have occurred to me until I saw this body (now sold) in the showcase the other day. Now I'm planning a Mustang in the same style.

ps15082C.jpg

Back