GAS Alert!!!!

Only $209 bucks, kids!

WN2377A.jpg

The first one just for wow. The fretless - I'm actually interested in. I've been planning to sell my Squier P and I want an unlined fretless 5-string P. But there aren't as many and even used Squier Jazz V's are going for $300 - at which point I might as well just buy a Warmoth body too. Then I'm $800 into my bass.
I'm not sure how I feel about a figured Macassar unlined board - it might provide a reference and it might be distracting (if an easily found figure is a very flat F#) I suspect that's not a real issue, as I'm quite certain I'll find all the bad intonation spots on my own without any help. Also - the sea of black just looks cool on an unlined board. But so could this.

BN8905a.jpg

BN9706A.jpg

Looks good! I like that fingerboard on the black body. You going to go with a tort PG or black (or something else)?

I wanted to put tort but it's a 14 hole affinity Squier - and apparently they don't just differ in hole count - but the shape isn't exactly the same. I really hate to throw a custom order pickguard on a bass I was just trying to sell for $150. So I might try to make one myself from the one I have.

:turtle:

I don't normally name instruments but that fingerboard reminds me of the torties cat in my avatar we lost a year ago. I think she will be named April.

Unfortunately, most people like their wood perfectly unblemished (it's wood folks  :icon_scratch:)... but my thought is, if it's ever stolen, you'll be able to identify it as yours if you ever see it again!

Maple is so dense and clear, that looks like a really weak inclusion to my eyes

Tons of nice figured mahogany necks in the showcase right now!

Attachments

• tn13829A.jpg
    tn13829A.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 234
A quick search yielded no figured mahogany Tele necks in ‘59 Roundback with birdseye boards, which is a good thing, else my wallet would probably be on fire...

I've learned to stay away from the showcase most of the time. That's a dangerous place.

Damn that's a nice neck, though.....

Back