GAS Alert!!!!

I don't know why this is still available in the screaming deals, it looks great and the price is right for a one piece birdseye neck  :glasses9:

I don't know if it's because of the scare "Harry Potter style"  :dontknow:

VMT10689A.jpg

VMT10689B.jpg

And if this was rear routed it would be payed for already  :sad:
But it's great to see some stuff available in stock for us left handed players, thanks Warmoth team  :eek:ccasion14:

T6463A.jpg

Help...quilt or flame maple or burl or Birdseye....man there are a lot of nice Tele and thinline bodies in the showcase.

If that showed up in my mailbox wrapped in plastic, you wouldn't find it on ebay!

Wow, that's a beautiful color/finish! I'm normally not a "dyed exotic figured wood" kinda guy, but once in a while exceptions do pop up. I know it's not routed for them, but it would look really sharp with two creamish P-90 pickups that matched the binding.

Bagman67 said:
Once in a while, something comes along that really turns my head.  To wit:

VIPP382A.jpg

I just  saw this while browsing the Showcase, it's definitely as PRS-like as can be (they name this Trampas Green).

Luckily, I'm not too much into that color so my wallet is safe.

Unfortunately, I kept browsing....and saw these:

PT7570a.jpg

PS13852a.jpg

PS13848c.jpg

PT7612C.jpg

PT7608a.jpg

Can you guys PLEASE help me out and buy them all ?
Please! I have too many guitars already.

Yeah, it was a veritable torrent of swanky dye-jobs on my RSS feed yesterday.  So much deliciousness.

Those are so nice to look at, but I'd constantly be driving myself crazy babying/overprotecting such a thing if I actually ever built something around it. I'd feel like I was taking some nice piece of art/fine woodworking to a bar, and subjecting it to all the idiocy/behavior/questionable decision-making such places are known for, come 1-2am.

I'd pretty much have to be a "home only" player to own such a body (and still be able to sleep at night).  :icon_tongue:

Interesting. What with spalted Maple being something of a problem child, Warmoth hasn't been turning out many pieces using it lately.

I love the look of spalted maple  :icon_thumright:

I saw this body a couple of days back on instagram, it was like christmas to see some spalted back!

I see no one bought the ones mentioned above yet, I asked for help to prevent me from buying any of those.

And then they keep adding some:
PS13878a.jpg

Put some black or cosmo black HW, and a neck with dark fingerboard and headstock and that's be pretty sharp looking ;-)

Just have to be careful a bout building what ends up being a wall flower. Too pretty, and you tend to treat with kid gloves rather than as an old friend.

Cagey said:
Just have to be careful a bout building what ends up being a wall flower. Too pretty, and you tend to treat with kid gloves rather than as an old friend.

Definitely what happened to one of my first 'fancy' Strats ( http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=26132.0 )
But then again I hardly play these days and prefer building/assembling, so that happens to most of my guitars...

The one that gets played the most is a $250 Yamaha acoustic: it can hang on the wall because I'm not concerned with environmental damage from temp/humidity changes. The Martin on the other hand stays in its case in a closet and doesn't get played much.

I'm sure I'll end up going back to a 'basic' Strat (solid color finish/flake and basic neck woods) I can play without much fear of damaging it.

I've sold a few for that very reason. Somebody saw them and fell in love - just too beautiful. But, I wasn't playing them for the same reason. So... off they go.

Back