GAS Alert!!!!

Phew....  Saved by the Standard Thin profile.  But somebody will have an amazing neck.

tn10357A.jpg

I'm saved by the Tele headstock. It's too bad. Such a gorgeous piece, and on roasted curly Maple, to boot. It would've looked great on the roasted Alder body I'm gonna win in the new giveaway.

Not that I can afford it anyway, but the right-handed neck with reverse headstock deflates my chubby every time.

LOL! I was so disappointed by the Tele headstock I didn't even notice it was reversed.

It's such a wonderful looking wood. Bocote over roasted maple is exactly what I intend to build next. And I've just got a new job and a pay bump. Oh dear...

Congrats on the new job!

Oddly enough, I was pricing up that exact combination just a few days ago. i think that would be a fantastic neck wood setup.

I still haven't forgiven Jimi for having an upside-down headstock. But, it's only been 47 years, so I suppose it could still happen. Maybe on the golden anniversary of his death in 2020, when they release "Jimi Does Death Metal!" based on "newly discovered" material secretly recorded during a Gilligan's Island marathon, I'll find it in my heart to grudgingly allow that he didn't have a helluva lotta choice, what with the police action in Vietnam and all...

101.jpg

What's he doing to that guitar, little buddy?

That's a beauty. That trans red is really something on roasted bodies. Are you tempted? I am and I don't even play one.  :icon_biggrin:

Everything I see tempts me.  Am I tempted?  Yes.  You're right, that RSA with trans red just is a show stopping combination.  Am I going to do it?  No.  But it's fun to GAS about it.  I need to slow down just a bit.  (There's a roasted alder tele done in brown/clear burst in the showcase that I think would be fantastic...)

Back