GAS Alert!!!!

Zowie.  If I (a) needed a bass neck and (b) had a lump o' cash aching to be spent, that sucker would be in my shopping cart.

I got one like that sitting here waiting to be built:

d5n655A.jpg

:icon_thumright:

So...is it 12/24/2013 yet? Daddy wants to stop building the same body over and over again like a crack addict and hit "Checkout Now" button without not putting my card info in. I need Doc Brown

If I did this and got an all white neck to match, what should I do for the fretboard?  :icon_scratch:  :dontknow:
PT3836C.jpg

Ddbltrbl said:
If I did this and got an all white neck to match, what should I do for the fretboard?  :icon_scratch:  :dontknow:
I'd suggest play on it!
Oly white & maple should work, since you're finishing it anyhow.

Ddbltrbl said:
PT3836C.jpg

Wenge or Ebony, NO inlays  :icon_thumright:

OR ....
Here's one PT did a while back ... http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=16682.0
Similar colour scheme. 

Here's one to add to the fire sale swarfrat!  :icon_thumright:
PS8678A.jpg

And a little "brain salad surgery" to go with it!  :cool01:
ps8677A.jpg

Showcase.... I check news every day  :glasses10:
It's my drug  :binkybaby:

OT
curiosity: a few new pieces this week on showcase. Why?

ghostrider25 said:
This one looks a lot like mine. Ooooooh, I wish I could build another. I'm surprised this one is top routed, though.

PS8696C.jpg

You did a good job with yours but I've never understood why they top rout these bodies. These stripes need to be exposed, not a pickguard over them.

I sure prefer mine

slp136a.jpg

There seems to be an on going debate about why we top route really cool topped bodies. The answer is really simple because top routed sales far exceed rear route sales. We just try to give people what they want and that happens to be bodies that take pickguards.

I could care less, but I agree with Sustainer. However it's a good thing I don't work there, 'cause there'd be a lot of bitch slappin' going on...
slap.gif

I have always preferred guitars without a pickguard.  However there are so many cool materials for pickguards, they can really accent a guitar. 

I originally started this post with " I usually preferr a rear route" but I thought that was too personal :laughing8:

I think a Strat looks less like a Strat without a pickguard. The extra curves are part of its visual identity. Same goes for a Tele. That doesn't mean I prefer a top rout though - I just don't consider one "better" than the other.

SustainerPlayer said:
Just when I thought a Starcaster was worth waiting for!

pt3780A.jpg

:eek: :eek: :eek:

this one was gone from my shopping cart , few mins before I click check out  :tard: :doh:

Back