GAS Alert!!!!

Just random musings. It'd be fun to hear what everyone else thinks.

I think you would have had a lot of GAS pre-pandemic, when the showcase generally had a lot more stock than it does now.

The green mahogany Strat in my signature was from the showcase, I think it had just appeared. My wife and I saw it and we both liked it so I ordered it right away. My late wife loved green and mahogany, also ZZ Top, which is why it has a Pearly Gates and Red Devil in it.

My beauty-contest winner in my sig block was a showcase item - popped up one morning on the RSS feed, and it was in my shopping cart within minutes. I didn't know I wanted a black, double-cream-bound Tele, but when it hit the wires, man, I was a goner.

6917459853_e070bca00a_b.jpg

A full Nomad set just became available in vintage white! I don't even play the kind of music associated with that shape, and yet it has me tempted.

I wonder if these are the same parts used in the original Nomad announcement video? If so, what pickups were used in that demo?

My beauty-contest winner in my sig block was a showcase item - popped up one morning on the RSS feed, and it was in my shopping cart within minutes. I didn't know I wanted a black, double-cream-bound Tele, but when it hit the wires, man, I was a goner.

Is that a cream/black/cream pickguard?

I've been coming here for a lot longer than I've had an account and this one in particular gets me every time I look at it. Everything about it is just RIGHT.

I've been coming here for a lot longer than I've had an account and this one in particular gets me every time I look at it. Everything about it is just RIGHT.
That's very kind of you. I don't miss this axe, because I so rarely took it down off the wall to play it; but it sure was pretty.

Back