fretless question pic request

kkaarrll

can someone show me the side markers on a fretless bass?  The kind that would be where the fretlines are?

I can't get access to mine at the moment, here's the Warmoth one:

Fretless.jpg

And I will say that the 12th fret ( :icon_scratch: ) is at the (nut side) first dot of the two, the second dot doesn't correspond to the 13th fret.

Go lined fretless. Ain't no shame. Honestly, the only person who cares if you've got a clean fretboard is yourself; nobody else will even notice.

I like the look and I don't look at the fretboard anyway.  I usually use the dots when I look.  Thanks line6, I just wanted to see a good example.  What woods are those?  I like em.  Are they finished?

:rock-on:
Geekydad said:
Go lined fretless. Ain't no shame. Honestly, the only person who cares if you've got a clean fretboard is yourself; nobody else will even notice.

Yeah, but they're $85 more, and don't look as cool!  :-\ intonation is a relative term, the 12 notes in the octave is simply a Western empiricism, or something.  :sad1:

B1EE5148-2F5F-414E-B363-BDDCA72EF1FD_zpsrvjebnar.jpg

kkaarrll said:
I like the look and I don't look at the fretboard anyway.  I usually use the dots when I look.  Thanks line6, I just wanted to see a good example.  What woods are those?  I like em.  Are they finished?

Pau Ferro on Padauk.

Finishes ruin the feel of raw wood, and are not necessary with almost all of the exotic woods that Warmoth offers, so I did not order or apply any finishes. I did, however, apply a light application of beeswax and orange oil.

Note that Padauk changes dramatically over time. The picture I posted was from six years ago, when the neck was new. Accordingly, the wood was freshly sawn, and quite orange. Presently, the color has matured to a rich, vibrant red. Over the years, I expect a deep brown color to develop. By contrast, the Pau Ferro seems to have remained the same color since I got the neck.

Back