fretboard inlays

How bout like "Mr. Horsepower"
Nigel%20-%20fretboard%20inlays.jpg

Nigel%20-%20full.jpg

NonsenseTele said:
I don't know why Warmoth doesn't have thinked about a turtleshell in the 12th fret...

I'll take five!

I would suggest the Gecko, but I reckon that would require having a Gecko guitar line, not to mention the fact that several bass players/builders see the little amphibian as esoteric and pay extra to delete it...

The page from the Warmoth site on bass neck inlays says: "From standard dots to custom shapes, we offer inlays to suit most desires" but then shows only the standard dots, as well as the block&bound necks (which it warns are 'only in the showcase'). So what exactly is this 'custom shapes'  supposed to cover? I sent the question to W sales but only got a very helpful mail directing me back to the same page.

ByteFrenzy said:
The page from the Warmoth site on bass neck inlays says: "From standard dots to custom shapes, we offer inlays to suit most desires" but then shows only the standard dots, as well as the block&bound necks (which it warns are 'only in the showcase'). So what exactly is this 'custom shapes'  supposed to cover? I sent the question to W sales but only got a very helpful mail directing me back to the same page.

They have not set up the new machine to block and bind bass necks, so I'm told.  I was told it will be another year.  The blocked and bound bass necks are in the showcase only and can't be ordered, which makes me wonder how those in the showcase were made.  Also, I've heard they may be offering the compound radius on bass necks again soon.  The lack of custom inlays for bass (as well as custom options for basses in general, 4 string bridge-thru specifically) kind of bums me out.

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
ByteFrenzy said:

They have not set up the new machine to block and bind bass necks, so I'm told.  I was told it will be another year.  The blocked and bound bass necks are in the showcase only and can't be ordered, which makes me wonder how those in the showcase were made.  Also, I've heard they may be offering the compound radius on bass necks again soon.  The lack of custom inlays for bass (as well as custom options for basses in general, 4 string bridge-thru specifically) kind of bums me out.
They more than likely have a couple differnt neck machines, and occassionaly set up one to do basses. But can't dedicate that machine full time, I'm assuming... :dontknow:

Rickgrxbass said:
... not to mention the fact that several bass players/builders see the little amphibian as esoteric and pay extra to delete it...

If it was standard in the guitar line I would have it in every guitar I make. I can't believe I'm making my dream guitars and I choose just... dots for them :-\

stratplayer1 said:
I'd like to see the Ibanez Jem style "vine of life" inlay, (also on the schecter c1) those are sick,

i LOVE the ibanez JEM, and i am a HUGE Steve Vai fan, but honestly, i dont like the vine inlays...

its just too complicated looking.

i prefer simple dot inlays because they are functional...
i can understand the desire for a fancy inlay, but the vine inlays are just too over the top for me.
when i watch steve vai play, i have no idea where he is playing because i cant identify the frets quickly enough
(well, you know what i mean... steve vai plays to fast for me to see what he is doing anyways)

but to each his own i guess

Back