Fret Size suggestions

slashgnr88

hey guys I got 6100 frets on my last build and I really really love them But I am wondering if I should venture out and try something els??? anyone have good info for me? 6105 possibly?

gonna order the neck maro I think!

NLD09 said:
If it ain't broke don't fix it.  :icon_thumright:
+1

Taste in fret sizes is a very personal choice.  If you love them, go with what works.  Your hands are not my hands.

With 6100's you can always go lower by leveling off some material and recrowning.

I have had SS 6105 on my last couple of necks.  I like them better than the 6100 on my first.  The height was fine, but the 6100 just felt wide to me.  I would definately go with stainless whatever you do.

Don't listen to any advice, just try different stuff and get what works for you. I would hate 6100, but you would probably hate my 6130.

I've just recently finished my first warmoth build and the immediate thought is - man, I wish I had gone with a more jumbo type fretwire gauge. I used 6105. I'm sure I'll get used to it, but compared to what was previously my main axe, it's a little bit of an adjustment...that I haven't fully made yet.

Who? said:
I have had SS 6105 on my last couple of necks.  I like them better than the 6100 on my first.  The height was fine, but the 6100 just felt wide to me.  I would definately go with stainless whatever you do.

I agree that the 6100 can feel wide, especially on a Gibson 24.75" scale length.

My last build used stainless 6115. Taller than 6105, but not real wide like a 6100 as it has a slight pyramid shape to it which seems to help intonation.

Back