Free to Good Home. Gibson 57 Classics

Kublai

I have been parting out a few old builds lately. I have a set of these mounted in a strat pickguard. Can be seen in this old thread:

https://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=25794.0

Fantastic sound IMO. All of the stickers/writing that could ID these as Gibson 57's has worn off, so I can't really sell them. I don't feel like desoldering them from the pickguard, so I will send the whole thing.

First come, first serve. Shipping is on me, to continental US only.

Kublai said:
I have been parting out a few old builds lately. I have a set of these mounted in a strat pickguard. Can be seen in this old thread:

Fantastic sound IMO. All of the stickers/writing that could ID these as Gibson 57's has worn off, so I can't really sell them. I don't feel like desoldering them from the pickguard, so I will send the whole thing.

I’ll take them

Very cool! I do not need/want them, but 57 classics are my favorite humbucker ever!

Spud said:
TBurst Std said:
Kublai said:

I’ll take them

I think the gesture by Kublai was very cool. I think it was kind of smarmy for a guy who just bought a custom shop Tele AND a custom shop Les Paul to ask for them. IMO only.
Well being that your participating in a necro post, so be it.  Sorry if over the last year + I had some financial gains from work I have done that allowed me the priveledge and opportunity to gain these 2 instruments.

I mean do have the simple awareness to know your 1st post in this thread is over a year past the previous. Or is that concept too obtuse for you to grasp.

Let’s look in your past.  As I recall, your user name got booted, changed, booted and then reinstated under the old name.

You or who ever had the name originally was not the best liked here (obviously supported by the boot).

I had trusted your account had been hacked.  You are currently proving otherwise. 

Pm me you address and I’ll send you the fricking pickups that I was gifted because for some unknown reason as according to you, I wasn’t worthy of them over a year ago.  Which seems only based upon the fact I worked my azz off and got a great promotion a year later which allowed me the ability to get those 2 guitars.
During that time, I also gifted my 1st W build Strat parts to my Worship Leader.

To receive the pickups though, you need to leave this forum.  Tit for tat.

In the kindest and sincerest manner, forget you!

I’ll make sure to have a discussion with the mods.

And remember, when a mod went missing years ago, I’m the one who called, the one who traveled, to find out his well being.  So do t think for a second I’m not invested in this forum.

I appreciate the gesture of any “Pay It Forward” listing.  I’ve been blessed with the ability to accumulate gear over the years and have found the joy in making it available to someone else without any sort of profit in mind.  It’s a wonderful feeling to be able to fill a need elsewhere.

TonyFlyingSquirrel said:
I appreciate the gesture of any “Pay It Forward” listing.  I’ve been blessed with the ability to accumulate gear over the years and have found the joy in making it available to someone else without any sort of profit in mind.  It’s a wonderful feeling to be able to fill a need elsewhere.

Here here!

BTW, howyafeeling Tony?

Mayfly said:
TonyFlyingSquirrel said:

Here here!

BTW, howyafeeling Tony?

Tested Negative yesterday, back to work 1/2 day today.  Feeling very winded, tired.  Will be a bit before I can resume vocal tracking.  Thank you for asking.

The Heart of Pay It Forward:  https://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=29524.msg417088#msg417088

Back