Four decades of Teles from parts.....and growing.

I'm still loving it. But, at this rate, we'll all be toothless by the time you can plug it in. Not that there's anything wrong with that - I've got guitars "in progress" as long as 6 years  :laughing7:

As to wiring it - my .02 cents is a 3 way blade switch that does bridge/bridge+neck/neck, and maybe push/pull pots to put one, the other or both pickups into single coil mode, but probably not. Humbuckers cut to single coils are usually weak, and always noisy. Finally, a single volume/tone control set. But, I like things simple. You might want to add some features/functions/modes you'll never use.

Cagey, personally I would have gone with 3-way switching with a treble bleed for the volume pot.  However, the customer has other thoughts like changing the pickups to P90 single coils and using a 4-way switch to get an extra in-series neck/bridge combo.

Next up.......Tele Hybrid in Turquiose

Tele%20in%20Turquiose_zpspadmcvos.jpg

The last one in stock and perhaps one which may not be made unless there are evidences of renewed interest from builders.  I'm glad I picked this last one out for keepsake.  After more than 30 years with Warmoth, I have seen models discontinued and often regretted why I didn't accumulate more of them.

Carved%20top%20Tele_zpsbxnhd667.jpg

Last what? Carved top Tele? I went and looked, and you're right - there are none in stock finished or raw. Did something change? The builder still lets you select that as a style.

I'm surprised they're so unpopular that they don't feel the need to stock any. I always thought that was one of the best Tele styles. The Tele carved to flat top ratio in my collection is 4:1.

Unwound G said:
The last one in stock and perhaps one which may not be made unless there are evidences of renewed interest from builders.  I'm glad I picked this last one out for keepsake.  After more than 30 years with Warmoth, I have seen models discontinued and often regretted why I didn't accumulate more of them.

Carved%20top%20Tele_zpsbxnhd667.jpg
That's one sweet tele, it's got that old skool LP-esque vibe....

So it's finally done.  Project name is "When Leo Meets Les". 
Body : Chambered carved top Tele body.
Neck : Warmoth Mahogany with Ebony fretboard with Ivoroid binding and Pearloid trapeze fret inlays.
Pickups : Seymour duncan '59 Neck and Seth Lover Bridge both with covers.
Tuners : Gotoh vintage with Ivoroid knobs.
Bridge assembly : Gotoh.

Attachments

• Leo Meets Les- Lo Res.jpg
    Leo Meets Les- Lo Res.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 358
Unwound G said:
So it's finally done.  Project name is "When Leo Meets Les". 
Body : Chambered carved top Tele body.
Neck : Warmoth Mahogany with Ebony fretboard with Ivoroid binding and Pearloid trapeze fret inlays.
Pickups : Seymour duncan '59 Neck and Seth Lover Bridge both with covers.
Tuners : Gotoh vintage with Ivoroid knobs.
Bridge assembly : Gotoh.

I love it, got a bit of a Gary Moore "Greenie" vibe to it.

The terms Hybrid, Alternate Universe or even Mongrel and Cross Breed is probably too mild for these babies I put together as a Tele Trilogy.  I prefer to call them Personality Crisis.

Attachments

• Personality Crisis Teles post.jpg
    Personality Crisis Teles post.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 388
Back