Foray into pedals. Red Witch Eve Tremolo Pedal

Axkoa

So I went to the guitar shop today because it's having a closing down sale and decided to look at some things. I saw this pedal and instantly asked the sales guy to have a try of it. So I went over to the only amps they had in the room, and he plugged me into an Orange Crush 35w in Black, a pretty uninspiring amp. And he gave me a Gibson Memphis ES-339, of all guitars! So I'm sitting there feeling super conscious that I'm sitting in a room with maybe 5 or so other people with a $4000 guitar plugged into a > $400 amp. But anyway!

I really liked what I heard in this pedal while playing. It was a bit muffled sounding with the Humbuckers in the Gibson but trying it out at home it sounds great using some single coils. And what was even cooler was that they're designed just over the ditch in New Zealand!

Here is the web page for the pedal: http://www.redwitchpedals.com/eve

And here is a little comparison, excuse my playing  :icon_tongue: : https://soundcloud.com/axkoa/red-witch-eve-tremolo-pedal

Nice. I've been particularly interested in Red Witch pedals when I learned that they had rechargeable batteries built in. Great idea in my opinion. And now learning that they're made in New Zealand brings another reason to want one even more since I've got a special fondness for all things from Aotearoa.

About the Crush ... I haven't had the chance to try one out properly myself, but one of my favorite guitar players, Ty Tabor of King's X, speaks highly of them:

[youtube]yDXbeJQfVY8[/youtube]

Logrinn said:
Nice. I've been particularly interested in Red Witch pedals when I learned that they had rechargeable batteries built in. Great idea in my opinion. And now learning that they're made in New Zealand brings another reason to want one even more since I've got a special fondness for all things from Aotearoa.

About the Crush ... I haven't had the chance to try one out properly myself, but one of my favorite guitar players, Ty Tabor of King's X, speaks highly of them:

[youtube]yDXbeJQfVY8[/youtube]

I've been lucky enough to have visited New Zealand once before. Lovely place with great people, a little nicer than over here in Australia.

There was just something about the amp that I played that didn't really appeal to me. Orange amps just don't hit that sweet spot for me.

Axkoa said:
There was just something about the amp that I played that didn't really appeal to me. Orange amps just don't hit that sweet spot for me.

I hear you. I know exactly what you mean. Something can sound great live, on record or on Youtube, but when you're playing it yourself (and it might probably sound about the same in other people's ears) there's the factor of how that sound "feels".
A powerful distorted sound of an amp that gives a great "chugga" rhythm I often find totally disappointing when I try to use the sound for solo.
You only know until you try.

Back