For God's Sake!

NonsenseTele

Epic Member
Please Gregg, talk with someone and PLEASE stop making ALL string-thru tune-o-matic that go to Showcase in the arched pattern!  :sad:
Specially those bodies with the pots holes UNDRILLED ( the biggest part of the bodies that will have to go to the CNC again )...

I'm serious man!

Hey, what's the issue with the arched pattern? (He said while arching is eyebrows)

I was gonna say how great it was that there are a bunch of new, rear-routed strat bodies up - like so many have asked for. Nothing wrong with a little arched string-through.
I also like the new masked bindings on the strats.

tfarny said:
I was gonna say how great it was that there are a bunch of new, rear-routed strat bodies up - like so many have asked for. <snip>

Yep. And none of the people that have been pissing and moaning for them have bought a single one.

Not that I'm without sin myself.

Unless it is a flying V, I think the arched pattern weird...

The problem is, all and every single one recessed t-o-m bridge with string thru body I saw in showcase had the arched pattern...
This ikes me  :laughing3:

tfarny said:
I was gonna say how great it was that there are a bunch of new, rear-routed strat bodies up - like so many have asked for. Nothing wrong with a little arched string-through.
Imagine you're finally (after weeks) getting that beautifull and nice chick to your apartment and when you start to take her clothes off she say something plain idiotic that brake all the "moment", like "are you sure you're not liking your ex girlfriend anymore"...
That is what I feel when I look at a very nice body with arched string thru  :icon_biggrin:

Personally I like it.  In fact I wish my strat body had not already been routed for trem... arched string-thru is exactly what I would have done.

But The Dub's business is to sell stuff... so I guess they'll put bodies on the showcase they think people want to buy!

(On the other hand, I wonder why route any bridge at all on unfinished bodies?  Why not leave it to the purchaser?)

because they'd have to stop the production line, change the tooling and place that body on the router. And they've said befor that people tend to buy stuff that is routed all the way before they will buy stuff that needs more work.

Brian

There are more string through patterns coming to the Showcase. It always comes in batches.  :icon_thumright:

Gregg said:
There are more string through patterns coming to the Showcase. It always comes in batches.  :icon_thumright:
Like your Lefties!  :icon_scratch:  :help: (OUCH) hey, there's an idea  :sign13:  :icon_thumright: hint,hint

Gregg said:

Looks like I was trying to save money...  :laughing7:

NonsenseTele said:
Unless it is a flying V, I think the arched pattern weird...

The problem is, all and every single one recessed t-o-m bridge with string thru body I saw in showcase had the arched pattern...
This ikes me  :laughing3:

tfarny said:
Imagine you're finally (after weeks) getting that beautifull and nice chick to your apartment and when you start to take her clothes off she say something plain idiotic that brake all the "moment", like "are you sure you're not liking your ex girlfriend anymore"...
That is what I feel when I look at a very nice body with arched string thru  :icon_biggrin:

I have to assume that they're doing it this way due to the fact that this design has had the most orders so far. Personally, I really wish they offered straight holes in addition to arched, staggered and angled.

And the angled one looks weird because it's a different angle than the bridge, but that's just my OCD kicking in. I'll have to agree with Graffiti62, I think straight across would look much better.

I own an arched pattern body, which I like, but I agree that straight would be best.  It looks the best and is the most functional.

Back