Flush-cut pot spots in carved-top bodies

Graffiti62

I was at one of the local music stores here in Green Bay and they had one of those new splated maple Telecasters with the pair of Seymour Duncans on it. Even though I'm not the biggest fan of the splated look, but I admit that it was quite a nice guitar. One of the small details that Fender did on it was that they counter-sunk the knobs down into the carved top a little bit, much like you'd see on a PRS. You'd have to be pretty set on your idea of what you want for knobs at the time of ordering, but I can't forsee it taking an exuberant amount of time to do on a CNC machine as a finishing touch to a body.

What do you guys think?

Thanks!

I think it would not be as easy as you think, because it would require the contours inside the control cavity to change significantly.

However I think it's a good idea, especially for VIPs.

Without understanding exactly how difficult this would be, I would certainly be for this. I'm planning a VIP with speed knobs, and I would love to have them countersunk.

This'd be a thing you would not be able to do because the thickness from the control cavity and the top is 1/8'' (dunno what that is in mm) and you wouldn't be able to get good enough countersunk-age (is that a word?)

Back