Floyd Rose studs/posts

Malo Strat

I have a Graphtech Floyd Rose bridge. It is supposed to be a direct replacement for the OFR but I do have an issue.  The studs that the Graphtech Floyd came with are too small for the holes Warmoth routed for me. My guitar tech says he can dowel the holes up and re drill the holes to the right size but it will take away from the vibrations running through the posts and the overall tone of my guitar.....
Does anyone know if I can just buy the studs from warmoth that fit their routing and use them on the Graphtech Floyd Rose?  Do you think it will really negatively affect the tone on if I dowel the holes and re drill them much?

It would depend on what you dowel the holes with I suppose, but I don't think it will negatively impact the tone all that much.  Can't they just be widened a hair?

Warmoth does sell the posts you need though.  I can't guarantee that they'll be compatible with the bridge you have though.
http://www.warmoth.com/Trem-Parts-C702.aspx

If your Graphtech bridge has the same spacing between the posts as the OFR's, then you should have no issues with installing the studs from Warmoth that fit the holes they drilled. :rock-on:

Back