Flame Koa/Swamp Ash Jazz Bass

Ebony beats rosewood every time for me, but that's just me.

Also, if you're taking necks off and putting them on frequently, you might want to consider installing some threaded inserts on the neck and using machine screws to hold it on. It's a tighter joint, which is a Good Thing, and will survive numerous removal/installs without deteriorating like a wood screw/raw hole joint will.

I read about a neat repair-guy trick that involved dribbling just the right amount of superglue down already-threaded neck screw holes in order to deter a lot of the wearing problem, but I haven't had occasion (or nerve) to try it yet. :eek:
The trial-and-error learning process could get extremely aggravating, you know?  :icon_scratch:

rapfohl09 said:
Damn, that is a beautiful Koa top :eek:

Yeah; Thanks! It's real "old school"... I got it for ridiculously low-ball bid on eBay; can't remember, but think it was under $300 : http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=4573.0

The body was around 10 years old, had been sitting in the Warmoth box; never touched...

NonsenseTele said:
Ra!! You've neglected 2 years of pics of this baby completed!!!!

Wow, that really WAS a necropost Nando!  :laughing7:

This thread refresh has made me think about this more; think I'm going to go with the jet black ebony/birdseye maple neck; looks mo' better with the black HW

The satin is really a joy to work with, and if you like it can be buffed to a nice luster. It won't be super glossy, but it'll still shine...

Back