Finishing a Warmoth Swamp Ash Thinline Telecaster body

Dat is altijd verdrietig om te lezen. Belgie is leuk!!. Ga Rustins proberen. Toch maar een klein drupje olie sls t nodig is. Mag wel een beetje vintage zijn.

Thanks, you might find this build I have linked interesting.

1000015893.jpgthis is my Tele. Made by Dutch retired luthier and friend Peer Dellen. Warmoth body and neck. It is to heavy for me. Thought about selling but did not want to. Kinman pickups. Wilkinson bridge. Bought a Warmoth contoured thinline. Feels great. Want to do a simple finish. Not relic, but doesnt matter if it looks used quick.
1000015895.jpg

Thanks, you might find this build I have linked interesting.

Great. Thanks!!

Okay guys, time for an opdate and some tips from a complete noob.
- 2 layers of Rustin grain filler (old t shirt) and some scraping and light sanding. If you want to fill all the grain this is not enough
- oker pigment and alcohol 2 layers
- 2 layers of Rustins sanding sealer applied with a t shirt
- amber shellac alcohol based applied with an applicator made of a tshirt with cotton balls inside. Layer after layer in a circulair motion and in the direction of the grain. Use drops of alcohol to thin thr shellac. If it starts t stick, use a drop or 2 of olive oil.
TOP TIP. DO NOT CONTIMUE WHEN IT FEELS STICKY. YOU WILL RUIN PREVIOUS LAYERS AND YOU WILL NEED TO SAND DOWN EVERYTING TO GET IT EVEN. I was content with a vintage look sanded a bit and improvised. A somehat lighter spot can be seen. Better to let it dry between coats. Patience....
- after a dozen coats it started to get an egg shell glow. I let it dry for 48 hours.
TOP TIP 2. USE A TIERAP AND SOME TAPE TO GET THE NECK HUMBUCKER WIRE THROUGH THE BODY. WITH A CHAMBERED BODY IT IS HARD.
The F hole makes it harder to get a nice finish
FB_IMG_1708177826481.jpg

The light spot on the left is reflection. The mistake us to the left of the F hole

Last edited:
Back