first warmoth tele

lcp2

this is my first warmoth tele. nice solid neck fit. took a while to get it stained. might work on it a little bit more.

i got some inexpensive gsf pickups(hum-neck, single-bridge) going in right now. i'm experimenting with a vol and blend switch only. didn't want to experiment with the expensive ones.  plus, not being a guitar player (i play guitar, there's a difference) i don't need it to be versatile. i'll play mostly when i write or record my originals . i'll be playing rhythm chords, rhythmic(funky) pick parts, and a few slow-med solos with a slight bit of distortion(for color and agressiveness), delay and sustain. mostly r&b ,phazed, flanged, or wah-wah(ed).  i've been thinking about active pickups or curcuitry.  i've played an ibanez musician('80's model) and a strat with active dimarzio pickups(don't think they make them any more) that used watch/car remote batteries. i love the clean agressive "pop" of the picks, plucks and strums. but, i also had a ibanez artist semi-hallow body.  if the body wasn't so big and uncomfortable i would have kept that one. it had 2 hums with a tap on the bridge pu. had a very sweeeeet sound and loads of natural sustain. looking for that sound in a smaller body.  so far the gutiar sound great unplugged.  trying to get either rufur(chaka khan) "sweet thang" or larry carlton with the crusaders "southern knights" sound.  if you've heard these lp's and can give any sugestions......

For Carlton/Crusaders tone, one of these...

http://www.danarmstrongeffects.com/products/orange_squeezer.html

might be more important than your pickup choices.

i forgot they used those simple stopboxes.  did he use it on his rhythm(chords) parts too?

steely dan countdown to extacy; jeff "skunk" baxter  solo sound and note selection on "my old school" one of the best solos ever(i must have listened to it a million times)
is larry carlton playing on royal scam?(another lp with nice guitar work)

who plays the guitar solo on alman bros "jessica"?

sorry, i bet non of these guys are playing a tele. i think baxter plays a strat and carlton plays a 335

because i'm short(5'7) the thinline is the closest i can get to a semi-hollow body and still play it in a comfortable position.

who plays the guitar solo on alman bros "jessica"?

that would be Dicky Betts

on The Royal Scam album there are a number of guitarists:

Denny Dias
Larry Carlton
Hugh McCracken
Dean Parks
Elliott Randall

Larry Carlton plays on the song by the same name. Also on "Kid Charlemagne"

thanks GoDrex for the info.  are there any more players in that funky/rock/jazz  vein i should check out. i love good guitar playing.  earl klugh and george benson are great.  did steve cropper(?) play with the guys in memphis?

Back