First Warmoth Build

benjie

Hey all.  New here and new to Warmoth parts.  I just got my parts in and getting ready to start my build.  My plan is to building a guitar similar to Tom Morello's Arm the Homeless guitar.  Not going to go to the point of the writing and the hippos but everything else is similar.  Also not trying to make an exact replica, just same color and style.

I have some experience with building kit guitars/basses so I'm not a total newb but I'm still learning the finishing process.  This will also be my first time dealing with a Floyd Rose so that will be fun too.  I'm also planning on putting a toggle on the lower horn.  This is going to be a scary and daunting task but I have a co-worker who does wood work that can help me if need be.

Now of course some pics:

Attachments

• IMG_0034.jpg
    IMG_0034.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0035.jpg
    IMG_0035.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0036.jpg
    IMG_0036.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 18
You're off to a good start, there. Looking forward to your progress. Welcome to the forum.

Rgand said:
You're off to a good start........
First pictures, accompanying your first post. That certainly is a great way to start! Welcome to the forum. Lots of very knowledgeable people here, always someone willing to give advice/guidance if needed. Looking forward to following your build.

Do Warmoth unfinished necks come with a sealer on it?  I'm getting ready to paint and I have some stewmac sealer but I'm not sure if it already has something on it.

Back