First post. Neck wood for black korina tele?

bhill

Hey everybody I recently finished my first warmoth tele body. Its made of black korina and I'm wondering what kind of neck and fretboard might sound best. Thinking about a goncalo alves with pau ferro fingerboard. Also it will have a lollar imperial humbucker in the bridge and a Lollar blackface strat pickup in the neck. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Your first choice sounds real good, but if it were me I'd probably do Pau Ferro with an Ebony fingerboard and stainless steel frets. Sex on a stick, man. Plus, it would accent the Black Korina nicely.

I've got a Black Korina Tele and I put a Rosewood/Rosewood neck on it, and it is now my favorite sounding guitar out of the 13 that I own.

Since nobody's said it yet, I'll head the others off and mention Wenge/Ebony. But there's not a thing wrong with Goncalo/PauFerro. Someone had to say it though, and it was my turn.

I thought about wenge but I've never played on it before or even seen it in person. The tone is more important than the feel though and I've never heard any of the woods firsthand other than pau ferro.

Back