Firebird coming up

sbk12 said:
Now that I think about it,you should just paint the headstock black..Kinda like Gibson does.It would look really nice with your black hardware.Ofcourse,just my opinion.

I don't agree.... Think it would looks interesting if the rosewood was very dark, that color won't match...

Nice woods over there, congratulations!

And for veneers (0.7mm) you don't need clamps, you can work without it and it's not very "serious woodworking" :)

NonsenseTele said:
sbk12 said:
Now that I think about it,you should just paint the headstock black..Kinda like Gibson does.It would look really nice with your black hardware.Ofcourse,just my opinion.

I don't agree.... Think it would looks interesting if the rosewood was very dark, that color won't match...

Nice woods over there, congratulations!

And for veneers (0.7mm) you don't need clamps, you can work without it and it's not very "serious woodworking" :)

Wont match??? What in the heck are you talking about?..The man has black hardware and if you look at just about every Firebird,they have black headstocks..I think you are talking about something different than I am...

I've been considering about the headstock and decided to finish it last. Mostly depending on how the body turns out to be

EDIT: Hmm. I oiled the fingerboard and now my inlays are vintage yellow.

Sold the black pickups. I ordered some Danish Oil from an antique store a couple of days ago. Can I oil fully oil the neck and paint the headstock later if necessary?

Flame and quilt maple play nicely with dyes (that is dyes not finishes) and the other kinds of maple get all blotchy.  Ugh.  I would have gone for creme pickup rings, I like that look.
Patrick

Back