FINALLY PULLED THE TRIGGER

rightintheface

after about a year of trying to decide if i should or not, i have just ordered my first warmoth!!! only ordered the body so far, ordering the neck as soon as i have the money. body is as follows:

-hollow tele, rear- route
-black korina with black korina lam top (hopefully a nice piece)
-H-P90-H config (2 V.V.G ceramic zebra HBs, 1 V.V.G hot wound p-90)
-recessed TOM with slanted string thru
-f hole
-went with standard tele config, realised that i don't use vol/tone pots enough to have 3 concentrics squished into the control plate. 1 concentric for both HBs, 1 for the p-90. coil tap switches for HBs.
-contoured heel
-strat neck pocket
-all chrome hardware, incl pickup rings

will be finished with danish oil, ala willyk's jazz/caster, and then waxed with carnauba wax.
i'm pretty much itching now. i can't wait, and it's likely to be 6 weeks  :( :( :(
just so yas know, the neck will be:

-wenge/ebony jackson neck (sorry bill, i figure if it doesn't look good, it will be an excuse to make a randy rhoads v  :hello2:)
-boat contour (fits my massive hands)
-block inlays with skull c/bones at 12th fret
-SS6105 frets
-planet waves auto-trim tuners
-graphtec nut

pretty much a purists nightmare. i wanted to do something completely unique, something that i would never find hanging on the wall in a guitar shop. going for a big, meaty, open, woody sound. can't really compare to a sound i like, just something big and meaty. with plenty of sustain. and groove. and wood.
does warmoth send out a confirmation email after you email them the order froms? being in australia, that means it will be my monday night before they get it monday morning  :tard: now i can officially say that i feel anyone's pain who is waiting for a project to arrive

SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang1: :headbang: :guitaristgif: :evil4:

and hows this, two hours after i place my first order, i have plans set out for two more:
rosewood/ziricote L5S with white binding, all gold hardware, gibby heastock (keeping it kinda traditional)
mahogany flat-top lp, hand-painted custom design, one pup, reverse KWS neck (keeping it totally non-trad)

GAS is setting in very very quickly

God, that Les Paul will be weird... please, don't show photos os it to me  :icon_biggrin:  :laughing7:

NIce projects!!! That Rosewood/Ziricote L5S is about the body or neck???

thanks dude, the rose/ziri is gonna be the body (if available). and some kind of raw neck  :headbang1:
and yeah, the lp will be a definite cringer, its way down the list of projects though, just something that sprung into my head. i think it'd be neat, just something altogether weird, not just to make the purists gawk, but mainly just to have a weapon thats completely different from anyone elses. and i think it'd be a real mean weapon too.
it'd be a purposeful dodgy job (ie, all second hand parts from ebay/second hand guitars, cheapest woods available etc etc), one that i can look at in twenty years time and just laugh at how my mind worked as a youngen.
and with warmoth's quality of products, it'll probably still sound the tits. with looks to kill.

as in, you'd look at it and die in disgust.

the tele project sounds cool, but if youre doing a rear routed tele, why do you need the controlplate? you have it REAR ROUTED, right? ;) Just ask for no pots routed, and the toggle, of you like, on the upperbout, if it will be a les paul style toggle, and a 5 way blade in the cavity. (ask for the large cavity). If you do that, you can use a telecaster 4 way blade (in the 5way-slot) for the following.

In the first position, you have whatever comes out of the 3 way toggle (bridge/bridge+neck/neck). in the middle, you have the same, but parallel to that, the middlepickup. in the position NEXT to that, you have only the middle pickup, and the last position will give you, again, whatever the 3way gives you and the middlepickup together, but now they're in series.

so, if you have a telecaster rear routed, with 4 pot openings, a les paul toggle and a 4 way blade, you can have 3 concentric pots (volume/tone for each pickup!!) and the switches, and on the last opening, put a doublepole switch, so you can split the humbuckers, to achieve a very convincing strat-sound.

Just my 2 cents...

actually, i have cancelled my oreder and re-done it  :-\
i realised that, on my current two axes, all i play is the bridge full humming, and the neck on coil-split, so i have re-ordered as top-route, with H-X-H config, planning on duncan jb bridge and phat cat neck. but orpheo, you come up with some of the craziest most badass ideas man. btw, referring to your hotrails/single coils; have you ever heard of the kent armstrong motherbucker? 27k or power!!!!! way too much for me.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA nonsense, i'm gonna build that LP just for you dude!!  :laughing7: :laughing7: :toothy12: :evil4:

rightintheface said:
actually, i have cancelled my oreder and re-done it  :-\
i realised that, on my current two axes, all i play is the bridge full humming, and the neck on coil-split, so i have re-ordered as top-route, with H-X-H config, planning on duncan jb bridge and phat cat neck. but orpheo, you come up with some of the craziest most badass ideas man. btw, referring to your hotrails/single coils; have you ever heard of the kent armstrong motherbucker? 27k or power!!!!! way too much for me.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA nonsense, i'm gonna build that LP just for you dude!!  :laughing7: :laughing7: :toothy12: :evil4:

haha, i know  :party07: I have fucked up ideas, i know haha. but just a sidenote; impedance (the amount of ohm/resistance inside the pickup) is not a real measure for the output. a 10k ohm pickup with a ceramic magnet is 'hotter' than a 15k with an alnico5 magnet. my hotrail/singlecoilassembly has a dcR of 19.6k Ohms, and TWO ceramic magnets. its almost as hot as an x2n  :eek:ccasion14:

rightintheface said:

I might say that is not as weird as I thought on first hehehehehehe... it's kind odd, but ok, I won't get a heart attack!  :icon_biggrin:

it actually looks pretty cool. unique, i would say. i think it'd be awesome to have one that nobody else would have, and maybe something even weirder, like instead of having just a bridge pickup, have just a middle pickup.

but thats just me trying to think of what will annoy purists more  :laughing7:

Back