FInally got my Wenge/Ebony Neck!!!!!!

Jack, as one who had my eye on that body for a couple months, I agree. the photo of the wenge neck does not fit that body. But I do like the construction grade lumber look of the photo.

If, however, your not satisfied with the neck you get, that neck would undoubtedly go with some other body, agree?  if so, hold onto it for a future project, and get a body that will better fit the look of that neck. 

When I considered buying that body, I did not envision it with the neck picture in question. but maybe as gregg says, the picture doesn't do it justice, we will see.

I have never held a wenge neck, but it just looks like I'd be picking slivers out of my hand for a week after I played it. I know thats an illusion in my own head

Actually, I think a Wenge neck will look killer with that body. All these raw wood necks darken up in time anyway with the sweat from your hands and light. But you know what's really going be the clincher is to hear that Black Korina body with a Wenge neck. With the right pickups it will be unreal.

Ya, it does look like you'll get splinters from the pictures of Wenge,  :laughing7:  , I think that's why we don't move more of them but the word will get out eventually and the cost will soar up to Brazilian Rosewood levels one day.

Gregg - My first Rio Grande TX BBQ set is going in that build; you have any experience coil tapping same?

jackthehack said:
Gregg - My first Rio Grande TX BBQ set is going in that build; you have any experience coil tapping same?
Sweet!  You know, I haven't tapped them though I do buy the four conductor versions in case I want to. When I talked to Rio Grande they were very excited about how they construct their pickups to get a better tone for splitting than other companies so I've always been curious. I need to do that one of my builds soon.

I've got pots to go either way, probably wind up splitting them to see, will let everyone know how it turns out; can't finish my studio upgrade to ProTools for sound clips until the girlfriend finishes laying new hardwoods in the room.

Back