Figured Koa Z-Bass

ghotiphry

Mmmmmmmmm.  You guys are gooooooood.

WIpDLbjl.jpg

Bb3Nflhh.jpg

d2nLdMQh.jpg

giphy.gif

I've said "this is my last one" several times now.  I don't think I can top this one, actually.  Probably going all black on hardware, although this is actually the first time I think I seriously considered gold.  Taking the pau ferro/ebony neck from the camphor burl mooncaster.

I wondered who would end up buying that  :glasses9:

For me that is begging for gold hardware and black pickups.

I think I am leaning towards black hardware versus gold, but they would both look good. That is a snazzy top on that axe, and that is definitely not a common shape! Should be a real beauty once it's finished.

Oh. That's purty.

I'd go Deluxe on all the hardware & pickups for this one. Whatever "Deluxe" means to you. Gold, Black, ....

Congratulations! It's beauuuutiful!  :eek:ccasion14: :eek:ccasion14: Was that in the show case or did you have to call in to order it? I would love to order a solid koa body like that.

Jecht said:
Congratulations! It's beauuuutiful!  :eek:ccasion14: :eek:ccasion14: Was that in the show case or did you have to call in to order it? I would love to order a solid koa body like that.

That was a showcase piece.  Never seen a bass like it in the web site before.  I impulse bought it about 15 minutes after I saw it.

How do you get that control layout? I like that alot more than the p base layout it comes with. Very nice.

How do you get that control layout? I like that alot more than the p base layout it comes with. Very nice.
This is an older thread but that looks to be some kind of J bass layout so you could probably email customer service to see if they offer it as an "off-menu" option. Those usually come with an upcharge though.

I think this s a short scale bass. For some reason they offer a P bass layout that doen't quite line up right on the 34" Z, and a J bass layout on the short scale version where the first three pot holes line up perfectly. I'm going to have to drill some big holes through a $300 finish. I'd much rather have a CNC do it pre-finish. Or I could just get it unfinished, drill it, then send it over to "theguitarpaintguys" for one of those killer mega flake, or holoflake super shiny/durrable polyester finishes. I noticed their gallery is filled with Warmoth bodies. I guess I'll call and ask if I can get th sc Z layout on the Z.

Call or email Warmoth sales. There is a possibility the option is available but might not be in the current builder for some reason.

Back