fender vintage tremelo screws to long for warmoth strat body???

If they're not catching on the springs, isn't that just a case of having as much thread contact as possible then? That seems like a good thing, to me.... I'm not a cosmetic-type guy though, and I don't find Strat spring cavities all that attractive to begin with  :-\  Maximum threads = maximum strength, right?

I don't get the big deal here. If you really care how your trem cavity looks, don't you usually get a cover? Are those screw heads any more unsightly than the trem screw/spring/claw/grounding stuff already there? I rarely gaze at the guts of my strat thinking how gorgeous it is back there.

tfarny said:
I don't get the big deal here. If you really care how your trem cavity looks, don't you usually get a cover? Are those screw heads any more unsightly than the trem screw/spring/claw/grounding stuff already there? I rarely gaze at the guts of my strat thinking how gorgeous it is back there.
maybe you don't and thats cool with me but if you were going to be building a new strat, surely you would want to get it as right as possible and get the correct screws?
knowledge is a good thing as far as i'm concerned.
i've since found out that the length of warmoth screws are considerably shorter than vintage fender and callaham.

coolio. btw the wilkinson vsvg vintage 6-hole trem screws work fine in a W body, that's what I have. Nice bridge.

Back