fender vintage tremelo screws to long for warmoth strat body???

dankomal

hi all,
I see a lot of warmoth strat bodies with vintage fender trems and the six screw tips always seem to poke out of the back of the body, I guess warmoth bodies are a bit shallower than fenders.
has anyone used the warmoth trem screws S31 and are they a perfect fit.
thanks,
mal.

dankomal said:
hi all,
I see a lot of warmoth strat bodies with vintage fender trems and the six screw tips always seem to poke out of the back of the body,

say what?

GoDrex said:
dankomal said:
hi all,
I see a lot of warmoth strat bodies with vintage fender trems and the six screw tips always seem to poke out of the back of the body,

say what?
I'm kinda lost too. The screws aren't that long, are they? And I think Warmoth is Fender specs, so there shouldn't be a difference other than quality.

only thing close to that was the guy who built a Les Paul or a VW and mounted the pickups to the wood and one of the screws came out the back ...never heard of this with a 6 hole vint trem...all the parts are speced out to work on all the bodies that Warmoth makes. If there is a problem like this it is likely you did something wrong/used the wrong screws.

Brian

first of all guys just let me say I have a warmoth tele and I am building a warmoth hardtail strat as we speak, so i'm NOT trying to make out warmoths guitars are rubbish or anything like that.
I have seen a few warmoth strat bodies on ebay with the six holes showing through the back of the body inside the trem cavity. I've just had a look on ebay now to see if I could find a pic to show you all what I am describing but there isn't much on ebay at the moment.
All I was trying to say was maybe the fender screws were just a touch too long for the warmoth trem cavity, maybe a couple of millimetres is all that it takes for the screw to protrude through the cavity, though obviously this would be covered by the backplate.
and I wanted to know, are the warmoth screws a little bit shorter?
I'm surprised noone else has picked up on this.
mal.

I've got a 6-hole vintage style strat trem on my warmoth strat and the screws definitely don't protrude! And ah, I'd notice if they did. I'd say you saw somebody's screw-up. Never heard of that prob.

Somebody who used neck screws because he ran out of bridge screws? I'd seriously like to see those pics. I spent a bit of time looking through the galleries and I didn't see a single case of bridge screws protruding into the trem cavity.

GoDrex said:
I think this guy pulled this idea out of his ass.
I have no reason to as you say "pull this idea out of my arse".
guys, I know i've seen em, i'll keep looking on ebay and post a pic as soon as one comes up, they do all the time.
please keep an eye on this thread,

Ebay is a funny place...Folks on this message board spot botched Warmoths on there all the time and it always boggles the mind what people will want for them.

Brian

You mean like this.  It has happened with every Warmoth Strat that I have used a Callaham Bridges on.  It does not hurt the guitar or the quality of the build and is definitely not related to poor workmanship.  I believe Callaham’s screws are to long for the depth of the Warmoth route.  I have not had it happen if I’m using vintage screws.

IMG_2665.jpg

IMG_2672.jpg

Wow that sucks - I would not be happy with that and I'm not real picky.

I apologize to the thread starter. I could not imagine that this was a real phenomenon.

I've only used Callaham's hardtail bridges before, but haven't had the issue with the ones from Warmoth or Fender.  Looks like all depends on where you get the screws/whole assembly from.  I admit I'm surprised that Callaham would let that one get by.

Tonar8353 said:
You mean like this.  It has happened with every Warmoth Strat that I have used a Callaham Bridges on.  It does not hurt the guitar or the quality of the build and is definitely not related to poor workmanship.  I believe Callaham’s screws are to long for the depth of the Warmoth route.  I have not had it happen if I’m using vintage screws.

IMG_2665.jpg

IMG_2672.jpg
thats exactly what I mean, thanks.
so warmoths screws are just that little bit shorter are they?
cheers,
mal

Definitely awful.  Nothing a little fill and drill wouldn't fix, but nothing functionally wrong.  Just be careful when messing with the springs  :laughing7:

Back