Fender "None More Black" Stratocaster

nexrex said:
Nice I like it alot. This would be the kind of guitar Darth Vader or a Sith would play. Dark and ominous.

Don't forget the black strap buttons.     :evil4:

It's Darth Hendrix! He's playing a righty guitar left handed.

swarfrat said:
nexrex said:
Nice I like it alot. This would be the kind of guitar Darth Vader or a Sith would play. Dark and ominous.

Don't forget the black strap buttons.     :evil4:

It's Darth Hendrix! He's playing a righty guitar left handed.

Yeah, only a sith could do it........ or maybe my photo-shop skills just suck    :laughing11:

Yeah, that guitar is plenty black, but I don't know. This one looks pretty hard to top.

http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=5233.0

OzziePete said:
Guitar players (and bass players used to playing fretted bass guitars)  are used to placing their fingers just behind the frets. Without frets, you have to place the finger right on the spot where the intonation of the note should be or else it sounds off key.

biggest thing keeping me from trying a fretless guitar! i'm afraid i'd absolutely love it except that i'd keep playing very slightly out of pitch... i guess i'd either adjust quickly or find out i should never have gotten a fretless. thats what i'm afraid of though! sinking money into something i shouldn't have tried

nexrex said:
AGWAN said:
you know... If a Fretless Neck was side Dotted on every place a fret would have been.

I'd play that.

I have actually seen a fretless bass (think the guy fram Racer X plays it) and it actually has painted stripes on the back of the neck where the frets would be.

Yup that's correct..  Linus of Hollywood plays a Ric with lines on the back of the neck like you described. He's damn good too.

I dabble in bass. And I have a fretless bass. IMO, playing fretless is a bit like handgun skills. Difficult to acquire and extremely perishable if you don't practice practice practice. If you  sell all your other guitars, and woodshed for a while you can probably pull it off. But it's really tough to have a fretless as a fourth or fifth instrument that comes out of the case a couple times a year and it sound like anything good.

Back