Fender Mod Shop

Logrinn

Have you guys seen this?
I saw a tweet about it just now:

[youtube]e1QOpl2s4aQ[/youtube]

Yes...that Mod Shop thing has been around awhile. The options are extremely limited.

So limited, in fact, that they were the inspiration for this little bit of fun, which is posted in the web department, right next to my desk:

Attachments

• wonka.jpg
    wonka.jpg
    299.6 KB · Views: 375
The Mod Shop basically boils down to telling them what color you want the body and pickguard, and whether you want a Rosewood or Maple fretboard. In 30 minutes of looking you could probably find one off-the-shelf somewhere with essentially the same options.

double A said:
Yes...that Mod Shop thing has been around awhile. The options are extremely limited.

So limited, in fact, that they were the inspiration for this little bit of fun, which is posted in the web department, right next to my desk:

:toothy12: :toothy12: :toothy12:

amigarobbo said:
Looking at the examples, lowest  "Starting at $1949.99"

:toothy12: :toothy12: :toothy12: :toothy12: :toothy12: :toothy12:

ahcBH3o.jpg

1btxnYx.jpg

double A said:
The Mod Shop basically boils down to telling them what color you want the body and pickguard, and whether you want a Rosewood or Maple fretboard. In 30 minutes of looking you could probably find one off-the-shelf somewhere with essentially the same options.
And five minutes after getting home, you'd be bored of it...Because there would be nothing special about it at all...

5 minutes, if you're easily amused. Less, if your sock drawer needs organizing.

amigarobbo said:
Looking at the examples, lowest  "Starting at $1949.99"

I found a combo for 1749.99. But no compound radius option. Checked the regular site and found that I could get a Fender USA Compound Radius Neck for only, (drum roll please....), $569.99 and that's with my choice of Maple OR  Rosewood finger board! Of course the shaft is ONLY  available in maple. All I can say is that Fender headstock decal must be printed in Real gold!  :icon_jokercolor:

To be fair the Fender would still have a higher resale value than a far better Warmoth.

Just sayin'  :evil4:

To be fair the reason I'm getting a guitar is to play it, not sell it.

Just saying ...  :evil4:

And besides - Warmoth are the only company I know that offers a high quality 24" guitar.  :icon_thumright:

I exhaust that 5 minutes on a stroll through Guitar Center.

I think it's a travesty to stock $1500-$5000 guitars on the wall, and have 1 out of 30 that actually play like a $1500-$5000 guitar, and it still just be another "off the shelf" retail guitar.

The very least that they could do is do a professional setup on those guitars so that at first grab, they scream "BUY ME!!!

That's why I built the TFS6.  I came up with my own shape, decided my own neck profile, parts, etc, and went about doing it.  Been my main guitar for over 20 years now, and I would not have been satisfied by just forking out $3000 for something at GC just to have to spend more money on setting it up.

That's why I'd gladly buy Warmoth Parts, and make a $1200 play like a $5000 guitar and there be nothing like it in any store anywhere!

TonyFlyingSquirrel said:
...That's why I'd gladly buy Warmoth Parts, and make a $1200 play like a $5000 guitar and there be nothing like it in any store anywhere!

^
This! +1  :icon_thumright:

Logrinn said:
TonyFlyingSquirrel said:
...That's why I'd gladly buy Warmoth Parts, and make a $1200 play like a $5000 guitar and there be nothing like it in any store anywhere!

^
This! +1  :icon_thumright:
Another +1!

Back