Fender LSR Nut Screws - Source?

Cagey

Mythical Status
I have a neck here with an LSR nut on it that needs to be removed & replaced, but whoever did the original installation managed to round out the screw heads. I can drill those out, but then I'm left without fasteners to reattach it with. I can't find replacements anywhere, at least not in stock. Does anybody know of a place I might not have stumbled across in a typical search, or perhaps know what size those screws are so I could check traditional fastener suppliers?

I no longer have the guitar that I installed the roller nut on, but the instructions that came with the LSR require that the mounting holes be drilled with a #51 (.067") drill bit and made to be .275"-.300" deep. the screwdriver MUST be a #0 phillips in order to not damage the screws... if that helps narrow down the screw size.

In the case that you can't find the screws, the entire LSR assembly's part number is 099-0812-000 and is available for about $29. ("Thanks, Captain Obvious.")

Cagey,

Not a hot item in my shop. I pulled one out of my Strat Pro. The major thread diameter is .073. The caliper is too big to get the root diameter. (Should be 3/64)

.073 is a #1 screw 4/64 tapered hole. This seems a shy to big. The #51 .067 seems to be a better bet.

I have 40 years of screws lying around. I ‘ll check to see if I have any here.  If I do, I’ll send them to you. You may end up having to order them.

Joe

Attachments

• IMG_5188.JPG
    IMG_5188.JPG
    826.5 KB · Views: 392
Thanks! I appreciate the help. Gives me something to go on with the search.

I have a set of unused one, 0.072 it around 1.8mm in metric, I have been found M1 M1.2 M1.4 M1.7 M2 SS screws, so 1,7 and 2mm should be closer, not sure in imperial system size.

index.php

index.php

index.php

Attachments

• LRN1.jpg
    LRN1.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 1,088
  • LRN2.jpg
    LRN2.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 1,113
  • LRN3.jpg
    LRN3.jpg
    241.9 KB · Views: 1,008
I saw those. They're "ended" listings; the supplier is out of stock. I appreciate your looking for me, though.

Cagey said:
I saw those. They're "ended" listings; the supplier is out of stock. I appreciate your looking for me, though.

I noticed the Reverb one was but was hoping the supplier might still have some. At least the part number is known from the ads.

Yeah, I used that in a search, too. No joy. I can buy 'em from Fender, but they want nearly as much as a whole nut package so I'm loathe to go that route. Customer's willing to buy a new nut, but it grinds me to spend that kind of money just to get a couple tiny screws. If I could identify the screws, I'd buy a box of the little rascals and never have to worry about 'em again. Probably only cost $4 per 100.

https://www.brookmays.com/i--0041611049--Fender--SCRW-SMAB-1x12-OHP-ZA-LSR-(12).aspx

Any good?

Seems to be. I found that one Sunday and it says "email for availability", so I did.  Got an auto answer, but no humans have replied yet.

Looky what i found in the spare parts drawer.  I meant to put these up for sale as replacement parts for LSR but forgot about it.  Be glad to send you a pair.  If you would like them just email me your address and I'll mail them out to you.

sandy@warmoth.com

Attachments

• lsr screws.jpg
    lsr screws.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 500
Cagey said:
I have a neck here with an LSR nut on it that needs to be removed & replaced, but whoever did the original installation managed to round out the screw heads. I can drill those out, but then I'm left without fasteners to reattach it with. I can't find replacements anywhere, at least not in stock. Does anybody know of a place I might not have stumbled across in a typical search, or perhaps know what size those screws are so I could check traditional fastener suppliers?

I found some on Reverb.com doing a search Fender LSR Screw.

https://reverb.com/item/753397-12-genuine-fender-black-phillips-head-neck-mounting-screws-0062440049

Thanks for looking for me! But, those are neck screws. I need(ed) the mounting screws for the LSR nut. In reviewing my original post, I can see I wasn't very clear. I've since managed to get some, so I'm all set.

As an aside, I rarely use wood screws to attach necks. I drill and tap the neck heel for threaded inserts, then use machine screws to attach the neck. So, I actually have quite a few #8 x 1 3/4" Phillips oval head wood screws in the drawer.

Hey Cagey,

You ever find a source for these screws??? Im just putting together my first build and of course I stripped on of the screws putting the nut in. Amongst a couple other ones, but found them on stewmac. just can't find the screws for the lsr.

Sorry, no, I didn't. Someone who had a couple spares was kind enough to send them to me.

Good luck, and if you find out the actual size and/or a source, it would be great if you'd post it here.

Hi, has anyone found another source? I was thinking maybe an M1.7x10mm screw may work...
According to the part number info on the pic posted above its a #1 x 1/2" screw with an oval head in black oxide.

McMaster Carr doesnt have them exactly but they have a #1 x 1/2" with a flat head and in stainless

That would be a really close match and your tone will be EJ approved ;)

Back